No announcement yet.

Carlson Vitamin D Drops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI in case anyone is wondering: I double-checked, and Innate Response and Juice Plus+ are both made from actual, real, whole food -- not the spray-dried stuff made by feeding synthetic vitamins to yeast or other organisms.
    Last edited by BarbeyGirl; 11-29-2010, 12:33 PM. Reason: clarity
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Originally posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
      FYI in case anyone is wondering: I double-checked, and Innate Response and Juice Plus+ are both made from actual, real, whole food -- not the spray-dried stuff.
      They are absolutely spray dried....but spray dried concentrates...that's how they get it into a dry form. It is food, however, in that case, it's best just to eat the real food (which is mostly is anyway).

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

I agree that eating actual produce is best, of course. I use the supps for those nutrients where our diets tend to fall short, and on the rare days when I don't consume 15+ servings of veggies -- different kinds of veggies.

Innate isn't spray dried; they use a refractive window drying process. I'm not sure about JP+, though I do know they use a temp-controlled process to avoid nutrient damage.

I should have been more clear, though, that what I meant was that both companies use real food rather than synthetic-fed yeast. I'll edit.

(For the record, I'm not affiliated with either company.)
        Last edited by BarbeyGirl; 11-29-2010, 12:41 PM.
        Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

This is an old posting and I just came across it in GOOGLE. Apparently I need D3, and found drops with cholecalciferol.
          It matters to me what the source is since I'm allergic to cod and to lanolin. Does anyone know FOR SURE where cholecalciferol comes from? One bottle says it's from cod liver oil, but most things I see online say it's from lanolin...who knows for sure? ANYONE?

Comment

Vitamin D is essential for the proper formation of the skeleton. It is vital for bone growth and renewal as it helps our bodies absorb and retain calcium and phosphorus.

Comment

Originally posted by blissful View Post
              This is an old posting and I just came across it in GOOGLE. Apparently I need D3, and found drops with cholecalciferol.
              It matters to me what the source is since I'm allergic to cod and to lanolin. Does anyone know FOR SURE where cholecalciferol comes from? One bottle says it's from cod liver oil, but most things I see online say it's from lanolin...who knows for sure? ANYONE?
              This might be helpful: Veganism: Vitamin D and Lanolin

They identify Vitashine and Source of Life Garden as producing vegan D3.

Comment

Working...
              X