Any uses for soured whipping cream?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any uses for soured whipping cream?

I bought some AWESOME grass fed, non homogenized, low temp pasturized heavy whipping cream!

And then I let half of it get sour in the fridge this week.

Does anyone know of recipes that USE soured cream?

And barring that does anyone know if it's SAFE to use? It smells sour (didn't taste it cause I trust my nose!) but it does NOT have any red mold growing on it yet (I KNOW that red mold is bad!)

Mix with prawns (shrimp) and crushed garlic. Spoon into ramekins, top with a mix of finely chopped almonds and parmesan and bake in a hot oven about 20 minutes. It will set softly with a crispy top and is a divine 1st course. I buy sour cream especially to make this! Chilli flakes are a good addition too.

Comment

Step 1: fill balloon with soured cream.

Step 2: hurl balloon filled with soured cream off tall building at unsuspecting by-standers.
      My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

make butter.
        in days gone by and still in europe butter is made after cream has been allowed to sit and 'culture' on it's own.
        easy to make; a stick blender, food processor, blender.

Comment

Call it "creme fraiche" and use it as a topping for chicken, veal, steak, etc. Works for me.
          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Originally posted by skink531 View Post

Step 2: hurl balloon filled with soured cream off tall building at unsuspecting by-standers.
            This cracked me up.

Comment

Originally posted by breadsauce View Post
              Mix with prawns (shrimp) and crushed garlic. Spoon into ramekins, top with a mix of finely chopped almonds and parmesan and bake in a hot oven about 20 minutes. It will set softly with a crispy top and is a divine 1st course. I buy sour cream especially to make this! Chilli flakes are a good addition too.
              Ooh! That sounds tasty! I may give it a go. I guess I just don't understand well enough the difference between something bought AS sour cream and cream that has gone sour! But I guess the worst that could happen is I'd be living in the bathroom over night and I'd learn a lesson!

Comment

Originally posted by skink531 View Post

Originally posted by betty74 View Post
                This cracked me up.

Me too! Unfortunately our tallest building is 3 stories and lacking in by-standers, unsuspecting or otherwise!

Comment

Working...
                X