Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you eat today for Thanksgiving?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you eat today for Thanksgiving?

I'll start the thread:
    I ate.. turkey,ham,collard greens and a slice of low carb cheesecake my friend made for me.

It was hard as I watched my family eat potatoe salad,stuffing and lots of chocolate cake.

but.. I felt better then everyone else!!!

I had turkey, ham, sausage stuffed mushrooms wrapped in bacon, roasted butternut squash tossed in fresh spinach and craisins, green beans and salad. Dessert was cheesecake and the inside of a canoli. I didn't find it difficult at all and I am stuffed.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Comment

I ate turkey and some killer prime rib. I was hoping to be able to knock out some veggies, but it was all casseroles with a bunch of extra junk in it. When I got home I was still hungry so I whipped up some eggs and bacon.
      Tell you the truth... I didn't really miss the extra food because I had a great time with my family and friends. Since I ate like a fool for years, I have to pay for my mistakes now. If I meet my goals next year, maybe I'll cheat a little, but not until I meet my goals.

Comment

Turkey, mashed sweet potatoes with a bit of coconut milk, stuffing (surprisingly primal) and half an avocado, my family had the same but they also had some white rice. I was surprised white rice was the only non primal thing on the table. I might be rubbing off on them.
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Turkey, green beans, broccoli salad, sweet potato roast, a couple bites of leek mashed taters, pumpkin pie.

Comment

Turkey, collard greens and I splurged on a little bit of 18 layer chocolate cake. Not primal by any means but oh well. lol Thanksgiving is only once a year!

Comment

Turkey, stuffing (sausage, celery, onion, cranberries, chestnuts), butternut squash, green beans, homemade cranberry sauce (made from local cranberries), gravy and crustless pumpkin pie for dessert (made from local sugar pumpkins). Beverages were local fresh-pressed apple cider and some local cranberry wine.

Still fell into a tryptophan coma.
              312/149/150

Comment

Italian Pot Roast, pan-fried potatoes, broccoli, followed by baked chocolate coconut custard. Stuffed and happy!
                Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

I took my 20% day, as planned, but not as badly as I thought. Lunch was 1/4 venti HWC caramel macchiato, 1 HB egg, 4 grapes, and a slice of cheese.
                  Dinner was honey glazed ham (comepletely homemade, home glazed, home smoked), spinach bacon salad, 3 summer rolls (homemade), mac & cheese (I... I've lost my taste for Dad's mac & cheese. o.O wtf?), 1/3 of a homemade roll (no real taste to it), green beans, garlic mashed potatoes, and vietnamese rice noodle salad (read: leftover summer roll filling) w/ 1 glass red, 1 glass white wine. ETA: ! forgot the small slice of chocoate cream pie and larger slice of PB-ish apple pecan pie.
                  Last edited by naiadknight; 11-25-2010, 09:26 PM.
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

Used my 20%. I went to my family's house. I had Turkey & Pork Shoulder with a big salad and little of potato salad, rice with green beans (cooked with coconut milk....at least that's a primal ingredient! LOL), and turkey stuffing.

I did the dessert (at least) for the family. I made a Cocoa Primal Flan with a chocolate glazed. It was high fat, low carb, and sweetened only with bananas and stevia. It was a big hit! My family was surprised that the flan was sweet, but I didn't used table sugar!
                    Last edited by Zed; 11-25-2010, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I hosted T-day, so was able to control a few things while serving some of the standards for everyone.

I ate free range natural turkey, gravy (made with rice flour, homemade turkey stock and giblets), fresh green bean casserole (made gluten free), a bit of mashed potatoes, salad, and homemade cranberry sauce. I also made a flourless chocolate cake (eggs, cocoa, butter sugar basically) and ate that with whipped cream and homemade raspberry puree. Basically I stretched my diet with a sm all bit of rice flour and some sugar but that was it. LOVED it all and I do not feel bloated or uncomfortable...woohoo.
                      Erin
                      Daily Vlogs
                      Primal Pets Blog

Comment

Pie, turkey, bread. potatoes...

lol.
                        Remember, you are unique just like everybody else.

Comment

sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

After dinner I was flipping around on the TV channels and found Julia Child and Jacques Pepin making their deconstructed turkey dinner. I was fascinated and although too late for this Thanksgiving, I hope I remember it for next year. The stuffed boneless turkey legs is what really piqued my interest. I hope to try them this winter if my markets cooperate with selling just the drumsticks. I usually find the drumsticks to be tough and difficult to eat with all those tendons in the way and they often end up as a soup ingredient. In this recipe, the drumsticks are boned, stuffed and roasted and then the tendons (those stick like little bones) can be easily pulled out and the stuffed drumsticks cut into crosswise slices. Sounds yummy!

I found the recipe online: http://projects.washingtonpost.com/r...key-cornbread/ With the exception of the cornbread, this recipe is pretty primal.

What was mentioned on the TV show (and not in the article) is that you can stuff the drumsticks with anything including just herbs. I'm thinking my primal stuffing (sausage, celery, onion, cranberries and some crumbled coco flour biscuits) would work well.
                            312/149/150

Comment

Nice pic, Batty!

We had the most awesome Thanksgiving potluck ever with 6 other foodies!

Salmon paté on rice crackers
                              Asstd. cheeses
                              White wine

Free-range Turkey leg (our hostess invited me to gnaw on it, Grokette-style, but I politely ate it w/knife and fork )
                              Chanterelle, cranberry and almond stuffing
                              Pickled red cabbage
                              Brussel sprouts with turkey bacon and pecans
                              Homemade cranberry sauce
                              Primal pumpkin cheesecake with blackberry sauce and whipped cream
                              Asst chocolates
                              Hard cider (locally made)
                              Decaf coffee with cream
                              Last edited by Dragonfly; 11-25-2010, 10:45 PM.
                              Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                              Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                              Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Working...
                              X