Fried Foods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fried Foods?

Just wondering... if you use lard rendered from grass-fed cows, would fried foods be healthy? Like sweet potato chips or fries (assuming you're already lean and active, and so not counting carbs). Does frying destroy the nutrients, or would it still be pretty healthy?

I love the idea of a t-bone steak and a side of fries being good for me.

Just to be clear, I meant deep fried foods.

Comment

Nothing wrong with good foods fried in good fats, so long as you don't overcook them
      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

It is fine. Just don't overcook your meats or vegetables. Vegetables tend to lose the most nutrients when frying (steamed retain most of the nutrients). Also, personally, I dislike deep frying as it waste too much oil. But hey....if you have the oil, then do it.

Comment

Perfectly fine....I wonder how a deep-fried steak would taste...

Comment

The fried foods are making you dehydrated. Try not eating fried foods until you get your system back in order.

Comment

Originally posted by salcedo View Post
              The fried foods are making you dehydrated. Try not eating fried foods until you get your system back in order.
              ???

Comment

Originally posted by Zed View Post
                It is fine. Just don't overcook your meats or vegetables. Vegetables tend to lose the most nutrients when frying (steamed retain most of the nutrients). Also, personally, I dislike deep frying as it waste too much oil. But hey....if you have the oil, then do it.
                +1
                My Before/After Pics
                Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Working...
                X