Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FATHEAD the Movie by Tom Naughton

WOW. just finished watching it.

I should just tell people to watch this when they ask about why I avoid alot of carbs!

I'm still don't think fast food is the least bit healthy...I think he was a little hard on poor Spurlock.

But he touched on pretty much everything!

and it was cool to see Dr. Eades (mr. and mrs.!) and Gary Taubes in there too!

If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it.

It will only help reaffirm your belief that Primal really is a healthier lifestyle and that the food pyramid is just, well...stupid.

semper ad meliora

Did you rent it or buy it? I'd like to see it but I don't want to buy a copy. If it could be rented and watched online that would be ideal. I looked on iTunes but it wasn't available there.

Comment

[quote]

[I] still don&#39;t think fast food is the least bit healthy</blockquote>

Well, that conclusion would naturally follow if you were trying to eat a diet low in carbohydrates. Coca Cola, ice cream, burger buns, "fries", and the like are high in those.

Fast food is not particularly healthy besides that, since its also likely to be high in polyunsaturated vegetable oils, trans fats, additives such as monosodium glutamate, and God-knows-what else. And looking it at the other way round, it&#39;s denuded of nutrients.

Besides, those cooking fats are probably over-used and rancid. And the hygiene in those places is often dubious, too.

But, never mind health, isn&#39;t "it tastes indifferent at best" not a good enough reason to avoid it, anyway?

As for Mr. Spurlock, I guess he has a large enough bank balance to be fairly indifferent to what most people say about him.

Comment

I bought a copy and don&#39;t regret it. Tom self-financed that film, and I don&#39;t think he&#39;s quite out of the hole yet. It&#39;s worth it just to have a copy to lend to people.

Comment

It rocked! It played on TV here in New Zealand. It was actually the thing that triggered my journey to find out that there was another way and what I was being taught at uni was actually all crap based on no real science.

Comment

I bought a copy for my sister about 3 months ago. I thought I&#39;d get it from her after she watches it (she lives in a different city) , but she still hasn&#39;t I thought I don&#39;t need convincing so I can wait but I think I might just go ahead and buy another copy for myself.

NZPixie, it played in NZ? Wow! I wonder what&#39;s preventing it from playing in the theaters here in the US.

Comment

"I wonder what&#39;s preventing it from playing in the theaters here in the US."

Probably the assumption, unfortunately accurate, that it would make very little money at the box office.

I also regretfully do not recommend Fat Head to people unless they can get past Naughton&#39;s narration, because quite honestly I find his voice grating and annoying. Harsh, but I can&#39;t get over it. I forward people the short excerpt clips on Youtube, and even those I can barely listen through &#39;til the end. I&#39;m sure my own melodious, dulcet rhino roars wouldn&#39;t be any prettier to Tom&#39;s ears, but there it is.

Sad as it sounds, the only way these messages will get mass appeal is when a Leni Riefenstahl comes along who can give it the full-blown propaganda treatment. And I say that knowing it needs to be factual and rational, but it also needs to be compelling, riveting art even to the average person with no prior interest in the subject.

Comment

DaveFish, Netflix carries it.

Comment

Most Indies, especially documentaries never make it to the big screen. If they do it is usually at an art house theater. I saw Food Inc. at one but never saw Fathead listed in theaters.

I boycott Netflix because I hate their pop up ads that foil pop up blockers. If they are that scummy and cheesy with their advertising why would I want to do business with them.

Maybe I&#39;ll just buy a copy as a show of support.

Comment

I bought a copy too. Loved it well worth the $$

Comment

I bought a copy after watching the youtube videos and the movie is great. I don&#39;t think he ripped into Morgan Spurlock too much, he just showed the truth behind what Spurlock did, or better yet didn&#39;t do. It also gives a good introduction as to why sugar is bad for you and the basic science behind it. His blog www.fathead-movie.com also continues with some extra videos and posts he makes about low carbs and some anti CW information.

Comment

Just finished watching the movie - loved it, especially part two! I loved all the extra interviews - well worth the money for the2 DVDs I bought. I only wish my sis watches the copy I sent her.

Comment

I almost had to turn it off in the beginning b/c his voice was so annoying and I didn&#39;t care to hear his rip into Spurlock so much. But it got better, thankfully! The 2nd half was much more informative, which made his annoying voice more bearable.

Comment

I see it here on Netflix, but I don&#39;t have a membership...Has anybody tried the free trial? That would be awesome if they really won&#39;t charge me, I&#39;d love to watch it for my bio project...

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

A good movie, worth a watch if you get a chance. There are niggles for me, and I&#39;d bet the show would be just a tiny bit different had Taube&#39;s, Eades, Enig, etc been a little more prominently used.

I noticed in my locale it is EASY to get photos and footage of obese/visibly FAT people. I don&#39;t agree with his assessment. He took hours to get the "obese people" shots, but that would take minutes here.

Comment

Working...
                              X