it feels so good to eat fat.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it feels so good to eat fat.

I might be stating the complete obvious here...but tonight as I was sitting down eating a big juicy steak for dinner I realized how nice it was to be eating fat and not actively being stressed about it. I can't remember the last time I felt this way.

After years of searching the supermarket shelves for the lowest fat percentage possible, working myself up if I ate anything oily or buttery and even refusing full fat food products like the plague - I can't believe that I can actually eat this way happily and stress free. I used to berate myself if I ate some of the things I'm enjoying now.

I feel the best and the most at peace that I have in years and I think that Primal has helped me decrease, if not completely eliminate my food demons. Which is massive, after years of disordered eating patterns.

So I just had to share this somewhere!!

Well said - takes time to adjust to the change in thinking, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
      Well said - takes time to adjust to the change in thinking, doesn't it?
      Absolutely. It's been a slow process, but for the last few weeks it's just felt so easy and right

And god, I can't believe I never used to eat some of these things hahaha. Deprived!

Comment

cream! butter! full fat yoghurt! oil! MEAT!!

one door closes another opens!!

Comment

Good on ya Bec. Great when it dribbles down your chin, isn't it
          Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

LOVE fat! Except - lamb fat! Why does that taste different? It'sOK when the roast is just out of the oven - but cold ... Yuk!

Tonight - PORK! All of that goes!

Comment

YIPPEE! Sometimes I can't believe it's so simple.

(I love it when I'm the last American on (it's 12:31 a.m. here, West Coast time) and all the Aussies and Kiwis are here.)
              "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                YIPPEE! Sometimes I can't believe it's so simple.

(I love it when I'm the last American on (it's 12:31 a.m. here, West Coast time) and all the Aussies and Kiwis are here.)
                Same here. Simple, yummy fat.
                Another night owl American with you. Pretty soon we'll start to see journal updates from the Eastern Hemisphere crew. i always love that too!
                ~ Ex-Herbivore Goes Carnivore: Jazmin's PB Journal ~

Comment

Exactly my experience too. Isn't it amazing?
                  Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                  Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Mmmmmmm butter! I no longer need to eat bread or popcorn to get my butter fix--I just eat it when I want! Fun at a restaurant to eat the whipped butter with a spoon... yum!
                    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Something to look forward to: the first time you walk down the street drinking a little pot of double cream you just picked up from the store. I'd capture the horrified faces on camera if I could
                      The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
                      Blog
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                        Mmmmmmm butter! I no longer need to eat bread or popcorn to get my butter fix--I just eat it when I want! Fun at a restaurant to eat the whipped butter with a spoon... yum!
                        ooh I'm not quite to the butter-with-a-spoon stage... but last night I was sorely tempted! I just couldn't decide if it would taste/feel good or not. I still mostly eat butter on veggies or (occasionally) thickly slathered on a piece of bread.

Comment

Butter with a spoon is one of the greatest indulgences - EVER! And I don't feel guilty anymore! I feel free!

Comment

I agree! I am undoing my complex, unhealthy relationships with food which included a lot of mindless and unsatisfying grazing. I roasted almonds in bacon grease the other day ... heavenly! I couldn't wait to savor every fatty bite.
                            My Primal Journal

Comment

Mmmmm fat. I'm sitting here right now eating a pound of bacon and 6 eggs fried in coconut oil.

Comment

Working...
                              X