Drinks during IF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinks during IF

So, I haven't done IF for a while, but I figured I'd start up again. So today I'm not planning on eating. But I do like to drink coffee and tea. I also happen to like a small amount of sugar (teaspoon and a half) and some heavy cream with those drinks. Is this going to mess with the fast, or is the caloric intake and whatnot going to be small enough not to screw with things?
    "A man in this world without learning is as a beast of the field."

My Primal Journal

I'm pretty sure the sugar and stuff does. Coffee, Tea, and water are fine. Nothing besides that unless you are doing the juice fasting.

Comment

really depends on how you ask, I'm of the belief that you should try to take in as little cals as possible for it to be a true fast.

In the physical though, most advocates of IF say cream and such is fine. If you're going anywhere above like 200 cals though I'd watch out, why bother fasting then?
      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
        really depends on how you ask, I'm of the belief that you should try to take in as little cals as possible for it to be a true fast.

In the physical though, most advocates of IF say cream and such is fine. If you're going anywhere above like 200 cals though I'd watch out, why bother fasting then?
        I really only drink one cup of coffee or tea a day. I can't imagine it being anywhere near that many calories. Lol

My Primal Journal

Comment

That's a personal decision. I'd lose the sugar independently of whether or not I was doing IF though. Sugar is addictive as hell. For me, I keep my calories at or around zero while I'm IFing.
          http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Originally posted by Iskander View Post
            I really only drink one cup of coffee or tea a day. I can't imagine it being anywhere near that many calories. Lol
            then you should be fine. I would lose the sugar like D said. I drink tea all day long so if I put cream in it I'd never really be fasting.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I suppose that now is a good enough time to start getting used to drinking my coffee black.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Definitely. Just ask yourself, do you want to drink your coffee like Mary Poppins or John Wayne?

I've been having John Wayne coffee for 24 days now, and it's not that hard.

Comment

Haha. That's a great way to put it.

I doubt it'll be too hard. I've been slowing moving to less and less sweet drinks anyway. At this point, I can drink a seltzer and have it taste the way soda used to.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Bane View Post
                    Definitely. Just ask yourself, do you want to drink your coffee like Mary Poppins or John Wayne?

I've been having John Wayne coffee for 24 days now, and it's not that hard.
                    That's more about adding sugar to coffee though. Once my 30 days are up I'll most likely start enjoying cafe con leche again.

Comment

Working...
                    X