Eat this, not that...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat this, not that...

I'll be having a business lunch on Thursday at an expensive steakhouse kinda place. They'll have steak, salmon, chicken on the menu. The steak/chicken won't be grassfed/pastured, not sure if the salmon will be wild or farmed (I will ask).

If there's the choice between farmed salmon or grainfed beef, which is better?
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Salmon, without question.

Comment

I'd simply let my taste decide - I love them both, but sometimes (okay mosttimes) I've just gotta have a steak.

Comment

Beef, without question.
        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

At an expensive steakhouse, it probably will be grassfed. You can always ask. I'd say you'd get a better cut of beef at a steakhouse than you would a fillet of fish.
          Christine
          Wag more, bark less

Comment

I trust conventional beef over farmed fish.

Besides that, if it's a steakhouse they specialize in the steaks and the fish are secondary. If you were going to a seafood restaurant I'd say pick the fish since that's their speciality and the steak would be secondary.

Comment

Beef probably. plus it tastes better.

Comment

Check their website. Grass-fed or wild-caught will likely be touted on the menu, if that's what they provide.

If not, I'd go with the steak in a steakhouse.
                "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                  Check their website. Grass-fed or wild-caught will likely be touted on the menu, if that's what they provide.

If not, I'd go with the steak in a steakhouse.
                  They don't mention grass fed--just a lot of spiel about dry-aged, whatever that means!

They do say they fly their seafood in fresh from both coasts....but it could still be farmed since they don't use the magic word "wild".
                  Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                  Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Another vote for beef.
                    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Beef!

Comment

I would go for the beef JMO
                        ~*Lori*~
                        my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
                        my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
                        CW 192

Comment

I think you'll be just fine with which ever one you choose. I'd rather have grass fed or wild caught but not given those as options I wouldn't sweat it either. At an expensive steakhouse I'd go with the steak every time though.
                          http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

First the one, then the other.
                            carl's cave

Comment

Originally posted by carlh View Post
                              First the one, then the other.
                              Perfect!
                              Little Saiyan

Comment

Working...
                              X