Silly anti-paleo article and great response

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly anti-paleo article and great response

The President's personal trainer wrote this article, calling the paleo diet crazy and a fad:

http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/m...e.suntimes.com

Here is a nice response:

http://evolvify.com/the-paleo-diet-and-politics/

I eat 3 steaks a day

silly vegan is silly

Comment

I love how it almost always boils down to...."most people just don't have the willpower to not eat shit", I'm sorry but any nutrition plan geared for health requires you to not stuff your face with cookies and other junk, why is it to do paleo we need anymore will than others?
      My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

Ugh....

Comment

the more i eat like this the less i 'need' willpower
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

"duri*nrider"
            heh heh heh....
            "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

oh laws

shh
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

As many people here have stated, doing what this "expert" suggests doesn't work. He says: "It all comes down to hard work, exercise, and of course, staying away from Big Macs and deep-dish pizza." That is just not true! Exercise CANNOT overcome crap eating.

I don't fault people for taking shots at Paleo or "caveman" eating. Isn't that what we do to conventional wisdom diets? You all know this way of eating works for you. But others don't...and don't feel the need to believe in or think about anything other than what they are spoon-fed from the experts.

My husband is one of said people. He is so "brainwashed" by conventional wisdom, he can't open his mind to anything else. I asked him, if he would change the way he ate if he KNEW it would result in him being able to get off the diabetes and high blood pressure meds. His answer - no, I would rather take the meds and enjoy the foods I love.

Carrie

Comment

A slightly side note... why is vegan sometimes written veg*an or veg*n? Is the name too holy for mere mortals to put in writing?

Comment

I take it to mean vegetarian/vegan combined. The * could also be a reference to the fact that vegan is an ideal impossible to actually achieve.
                    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

em

Cornell McClellan deserve to be shot, run over by a 1,000 pound car, then get shot a couple more times till his face is totally disfigure, if it hasn't been disfigured already.

The guy has no idea what he is talking about. The guy misrepresented us, and he haven't read articles refuting certain statement he made (i..e, the so called "grain" archeologists discovered, etc).

I just thank those who stand up and pointed out this guy's stupid blabbering.
                      Last edited by Zed; 11-14-2010, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I'm in no way surprised by this. The USDA don't take kindly to gubment folks not takin' kindly to a low-fat, grain based diet. Wheat and corn are their top sellers. There's just no possible way someone who wants to keep their "direct to the president" job is going to write an article that bashes the USDA.

I like how he grabs hold of the "evidence of starch grains" discovery. YAWN. McClellan needs to read studies, not just the titles of articles from Yahoo! News.

Comment

Originally posted by jspradley View Post
                          A slightly side note... why is vegan sometimes written veg*an or veg*n? Is the name too holy for mere mortals to put in writing?
                          It stands for "vegan and/or vegetarian." Easier/more efficient to write it like that.
                          "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by Zed View Post
                            Cornell McClellan deserve to be shot, run over by a 1,000 pound car, then get shot a couple more times till his face is totally disfigure, if it hasn't been disfigured already.

The guy has no idea what he is talking about. The guy misrepresented us, and he haven't read articles refuting certain statement he made (i..e, the so called "grain" archeologists discovered, etc).

I just thank those who stand up and pointed out this guy's stupid blabbering.
                            Damn dude.. tell us what you really think, don't hold back! haha

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                            It stands for "vegan and/or vegetarian." Easier/more efficient to write it like that.
                            Ah, cool, I thought it was some sort of jab at the religiousness of veganism. lol

Comment

In Mr. McClellan's defense, he's the "personal trainer of the President and the first lady", which makes him a toy. If this guy would utter one word that deviates from what the federal government has laid out, he'd be booted right back to Chicago. If you watch any interviews with him, you'll see he's on cloud 9 with his current position. You can't expect a tool like this to do anything but regenerate the information of his superiors.
                              You don't pay your bills with counterfeit money, so why feed your body with counterfeit food?

Comment

Working...
                              X