Dr. Bronners soap as shampoo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by betty74 View Post
    Do you have any dandruff/psoriasis issues? That was the reason I was trying the Dr. Bronner's. I have tried to baking soda and vinegar in the past. Do you use the vinegar? I always thought my hair smelled like wet dog when I used the vinegar, but it felts awesome.
    No I haven't ever used the vinegar actually. I do deep condition my hair over night with coconut oil though, a few times a week. yes I have scalp issues. I'm not sure what it is really. I don't think it's psoriasis as I don't have big red patches underneath the flakes. It's kind of like really, really dry skin which flakes off if I scratch it. The more I scratch it the worse it gets. But it has improved since I stopped using regular shampoo. It's odd because my skin isn't dry anywhere else.

Comment

I occasionally use Dr. Bronner's soap for shampoo, but generally I don't like the results. My hair feels...icky and looks really bad/limp/lifeless
      Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

I think soap just works perfectly well to wash some kinds of hair and not others. It doesn't work for me - sticky residue, yuck. I head to the health food shop and buy the mildest natural shampoo I can find, usually one that's sold especially for sensitive skin. I also use a cider vinegar + lavender oil rinse; the smell goes away completely once my hair dries.

One of the 'weird bonuses' of Primal is less oiliness. Hooray.

Comment

I have also tried Dr. Bronner's liquid soap on my hair.. did not like the way my hair felt. I was using some Alba shampoo before that, it was good. I still use Dr. Bronner's liquid soap for body wash.
          Do any of you dilute the soap?

Comment

It's alkaline. Very much so. If you have hard water, you will get buildup.

www.naturallycurly.com has a forum with a megaton of information on natural hair care, including terressentials and homemade recipes. Highly recommend it.
            Chief cook & bottle washer for one kid, a dog, 6 hens, 2 surprise! roosters, two horses, and a random 'herd' of quail.

~The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something one knows nothing about and refuses to investigate~

Comment

Try the soap made by Vanacream. You can use it on your body and hair and I have had no issues with sticky hair or anything.

Comment

I use any decent bath soap and they work fine. I'm looking at some that is 100% olive oil. Expect as good or better results with that.

Comment

If you have psoriasis, I highly reccomend you look into Daily treatment shampoo by Joico. It used to be called "bijoba". I have had scalp psoriasis for 38years and NOTHING has worked as well as the Joico product. Most beauty supply stores have it and a lot of salons carry it too.

Dr. Bronner's works well as a body soap, but not so well as a shampoo.

Dave

Comment

Dr. Bronner's

Emanuel H. Bronner was the maker of Dr. Bronner's castile soap, a concentrated liquid notable for the vast amount of lather produced from a few drops and the vast amount of tiny text on its packaging. Bronner, whose parents were killed in the Holocaust, promoted a belief in the goodness and unity of humanity. All Dr. Bronner's classic liquid & bar soaps are not only certified under the USDA National Organic Program, but also certified Fair Trade! In addition, we offer a range of high-quality organic and fair trade personal care products, from lotions to shaving gels all certified under the same USDA program that certifies organic foods. At Getnutri You can find the complete range of Dr. Bornner's products on 40% discount prices.

Comment

It can work as shampoo, but it needs to be severely diluted.

Comment

I just started the baking soda wash/ ACV rinse a few days ago. My hair feels GREAT!
                        Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
                        Before and after pics
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
                        Primal Sucess Story
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
                        Primal Journal
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Comment

I loveee John Masters everything. Best out there for organics, IMO.
                          John Masters Organics - Haircare

Comment

Originally posted by awm8604 View Post
                            It can work as shampoo, but it needs to be severely diluted.
                            I love it but you are correct...it needs to be very dilute. I use it on my body and diluted on my primalpup but not on my thick, natural curl. Good topic and I appreciate the link to the vit D info!
                            A Woman's Place Is In The Revolution.

Comment

stuff looks good...but very expensive!

just wondering, can yall see my avatar? I just uploaded it yesterday
                              Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
                              Before and after pics
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
                              Primal Sucess Story
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
                              Primal Journal
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Comment

Yeppers, looks good!!

Comment

Working...
                                X