Bacon mayo with...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon mayo with...

I've been saving the leftover fat from my morning bacon, and I'm going to make some bacon mayo. Those who have tried it - what do you eat it with?

Tuna? That sounds kind of weird.

I made chicken salad when I made bacon mayo... chicken, celery, cucumber, brocolli, garlic, dill, and bacon mayo. Used kale to pinch out chunks.

Any veggies would work great, you can even just dip them.

Comment

Oh! BACON mayo? I had never thought of saving the bacon grease to make mayo! I have bacon in the fridge right now. I also have mayo I successfully made from olive oil but I REALLY don't like the flavor of olive oil (don't worry I turned the mayo into salad dressing!) But bacon mayo? HEAVEN!

Comment

I made bacon mayo once, and used it to make chicken salad and deviled eggs. It was okay. I don't use regular mayo, so after I made it I felt like "OK, now that I have some, what do I do with it?"
        My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
        On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

A spoon?

Comment

I was thinking about making some and using it to make bacon ranch. I make a lot of homemade ranch dressing with equal parts mayo and full fat (bulgarian) buttermilk, grated onion, grated garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
            junebu8's journ@l

Comment

Originally posted by junebu8 View Post
              I was thinking about making some and using it to make bacon ranch. I make a lot of homemade ranch dressing with equal parts mayo and full fat (bulgarian) buttermilk, grated onion, grated garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
              That sounds awesome!

Comment

Working...
              X