Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meal prior to working out

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if there is a particular type of food that is great for eating before working out. But more specifically, I am a ballet dancer. I do ballet up to 3 hours at a time, and since ballet requires a lot of foot work, I tend to get cramps in my feet and calves sometimes. Also 3 hours is a good amount of time to go without eating considering I don't eat for an hour before ballet or I feel disgusting.
    Also, I know. Bananas for the potassium. But I haaate bananas.
    Any advice?

Thank you, and hope you are are having a lovely day.

Tracy

How 'bout sweet potatoes?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Yeah, I like those. Thanks, I'll try that. I just worry about the high carbohydrate content.

Comment

don't worry about high carb load if you're going to be physically active for three hours. I hate bananas too. eat sweet potatoes. and stop capitalizing after periods. it makes you look pretentious. see how non pretentious i look. seriously.
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I've always associated cramping during physical activity to "dehydration" or at least, not drinking enough water.

Comment

If you are following the PB, then you should worry about carbs only if you are sedentary.
            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I like to have a spoonful of coconut cream concentrate as a pre-workout snack, if I'm hungry but don't want a full stomach.
              Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Sweet potatoes or yam with butter is damn good meal for me.

Comment

You need more magnesium for the cramps...Works like a charm. Here's a great article from LEF..

http://search.lef.org/cgi-src-bin/Ms...ramps%20leg%20

Comment

Working...
                  X