Battle against hunger continues.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle against hunger continues.....

I know I posted this before, but I'm still feeling in sometimes that I starve, about 9 months into doing Primal (not Paleo, primal)

This is why:

day before yesterday:
    Breakfast-Glass of milk w/ 100% cocoa with soem half-n-half added (idea's to increase the fat).
    Mid-morning snack-handful of nuts
    Lunch-Steak salad
    about 6:00 pm INCREDIBLY hungry.
    Late dinner-

Yesterday:
    Breakfast - can of tuna with mayo, setzer water with a little fresh orange juice.
    mid-morning snack-handful of nuts
    Lunch - 7 chicken wings
    Late Dinner - 2 beef hamburgers patties, with one avocado. (a repeat
    11:00 pm after late dinner. STILL incredibly hungry....I couldn't take it anymore. I had to eat the pretzel.

Today:
    Breakfast-Bunch of Grapes, Brie Cheese.
    Now (mid-morning) pretty hungry >

I wake up at 6am and leave the house at 6:30 so any breakfast that I cannot cook breakfast in the morning really.

Somehow I'm not eating enough. Either I have to find a way to add more fat, increase portions (I was full after the lunches above, but not after the breakfasts or dinners), or eat more frequently. I'd hoped to be able to skip lunch but I just have to go to the cafeteria as I'm dying by 1pm.

Question: Can I do potatoes and/or sweet potatoes? Any other suggestions?

Let's get down to basics, here.

Why do you have to leave the house at 6:30?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
      Let's get down to basics, here.

Why do you have to leave the house at 6:30?
      I work from 8a-5:30p on an alternative flex work schedule so that every other weekend is a 3-day weekend (4days if ther'es a holiday) for free.

I get to work at 7:45, my commute is an hour (train time is 35 minutes, but this includes walking to the train and from the train to work).

Comment

I would suggest that you get up at 5:30 and make yourself a big breakfast.

Comment

Er, why don't you eat more? A lot more. The first day's menu consisted of a wad of dairy, some nuts, and a steak salad. ALL DAY. My goodness, no wonder you were hungry at 6pm. I'd be eating the furniture.

Where are the vegetables?

Why not pre-make breakfast? There's that great recipe for breakfast egg muffin things in the PB cookbook and I think it's been reposted here. Just bake a week's worth, and grab 1 or 2 out of the fridge every morning.
          Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
          Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

You need a bigger (and I would suggest a very low-carb) breakfast. That glass of milk ain't cutting it. I find that if I have some carbs (15-20g) as my first meal of they day I am ravenous the rest of the day. Have a big fatty breakfast and see how it goes.

Comment

Hmm, could it be that you eat too frequently?

I know that if I eat, I’m hungry later on, but if I’m fasting, the hunger goes away or doesn’t even present itself until later.

Also, if you’re hungry… why are you reaching for a pretzel? Maybe eat something you don’t eat all the time so you don’t get bored of it, but going for refined carbs/grains/gluten is only going to dig you deeper.

9 months primal but you still eat pretzels? I’m not trying to be the primal police but if this is something you’re eating often then you need to work on eliminating grains, this will help. Lower your carbs and up your fat.

I’m not opposed to eating sweet potatoes at all, but I think you should “earn” your carbs, do a good hard workout then have your sweet potatoes.

Get rid of junk carbs, like seriously, and overdose on vegetables, meat and fat for a while, get your hunger under control, then consider IF and tweaking macros if your ultimate goal is to lean out.
              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by lizch View Post
                Er, why don't you eat more? A lot more. The first day's menu consisted of a wad of dairy, some nuts, and a steak salad. ALL DAY. My goodness, no wonder you were hungry at 6pm. I'd be eating the furniture.

Where are the vegetables?

Why not pre-make breakfast? There's that great recipe for breakfast egg muffin things in the PB cookbook and I think it's been reposted here. Just bake a week's worth, and grab 1 or 2 out of the fridge every morning.
                +1 to all of this. I read the post too soon you didn't eat shit on that first day.

Comment

Wow, I eat about as much as you do all day in 1-2 meals! Eat more and you won't be hungry. Pack a portable breakfast, or eat your left overs from dinner. And pack a better lunch!
                  Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Originally posted by lizch View Post
                    Good shout on the egg muffins, I'll bake some on Sundays and eat for breakfast early in the week.

Comment

Okay. Yes, I also encourage you to go to bed earlier and get up earlier so that you can make yourself a proper breakfast. Adding a side of salad to your meals is a good way to add bulk and keep yourself fuller longer (remember to use olive oil). I wouldn't drink milk if I were you. Instead, try having a bowl of modified cottage cheese. Take 1/3 to 1/2 a cup of dry curd cottage cheese, add a scoop or two of full fat sour cream and a splash of ~35% whipping cream (I mean the liquid stuff, not the stuff in the can).

Sweet potatoes are good, yes. Enjoy them.
                      You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

After a couple of days eating like that I'd be ready to sauce and eat my own arm. The fat and protein are one thing but where are the veggies? There needs to be more food overall but also some volume like with a "big ass salad" with a variety of ingredients. Breakfast, how long can it take to whip up an omelet? I do one with avocado, tomato and tuna and have some steamed broccoli on the side in 10 minutes.
                        Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

I'm scared to say this....but I once bought cottage cheese and I couldn't do it. It didn't look, taste or feel good to me. I'll try mixing it with cream and other stuff as suggested. Perhaps some Paprika or seasoning salt?

Comment

I'm not crazy about cottage cheese either, I had it with a ton of berries in it and it was doable, but I won't be buying another tub. If you don't like it, find something else. Plenty of fish in the sea, which reminds me... eat fish!

Comment

I drive an hour and a half each way to work and work 10 hr days. That doesn't leave much time for anything let alone cooking. When I work a day shift and start at 5 am I get up at 2:30 am and leave at 3:30. Most times that ends up being 2:45 when I snooze a little longer. That leaves 45 minutes to eat breakfast, shower and shave (do you know how long it takes to shave your head?) get dressed and go. I prepare a lot of stuff the night before so that all I have to do is hit the button on the coffee maker, all things not needing cooking are already in bowls and covered either on the counter or in the fridge. Utensils are out, condiments and whatever else I need. Clothes are layed out and shaving stuff is lined up in the bathroom. I'm like a well oiled machine. I cook for the week ad eat lunch and dinner at work. It's all already made and either frozen or in the fridge portioned out. The only thing I make daily is my salad.

By looking at your menu I feel hungry just reading it. Your breakfast seems very light. Eat like you mean it son!!!

A glass of milk for breakfast? Some grapes and a little cheese? That's a snack not a meal.

Comment

Working...
                              X