Hungry and Happy....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@sofia:

Thanks for the kind words, and all the support!

Turai Gosht sounds amazing...please oh please post the recipe sometime?

Give your dad a hug for me, and save one for yourself.

Comment

But, isn't appetite an important cue to, you know, EAT? Why should we ignore it or try to supress it if the hunger is real and the body is asking for food and energy?..

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

Jess: Fasting, like low carbing, teaches you to recognize the difference between real hunger and false -- the latter being when you eat because you're bored, because it's a certain time of day, etc. Do I technically "fast" all the time because I typically eat only once a day? I have no idea. For the most part I eat when I'm hungry, but when I decide to skip a meal for whatever reason, I know it won't make me keel over or even feel bad -- heck, after the dentist last week I went over 48 hours until I felt comfortable enough to chew

Comment

Jess,

I used to be a snack addict---I actually felt like I might die if I didn't eat something every 2 or 3 hours. Of course, at that point, my diet was whack, so that might have been close to the truth ;-)

But I'm still learning how to tell if it's that my BODY needs food, or just my mind WANTING food.

So for me, an IF is just a chance to play around and see what I can learn. If I'm feeling super hungry...and I go out and have a walk...if the feeling goes away, my body didn't really need food in the first place. If I start feeling dizzy or weak, by all means I will chow down.

If you've been in touch with what your body really needs, as you seem to be, just do what feels right :-)

Comment

Goat is great! As someone said above, we can be confident that it is pastured or fed scraps, but not grains. Wonderful animals for livestock, too bad I could never stomach the milk. Oh, well.

Lamb is a decent alternative as far as never being feedlotted. Had some tonight. See post on lamb chops with balsamic reduction. Incredible.

Ever hear the Middle Eastern quip, "Might as well hang for a sheep as a goat?" Sheep are worth more, so if you are going to, say, steal a goat, you might as well go for the sheep.

Baaaaaah!

Comment

OTB,

Actually, the Boy and I use that phrase all the time

:-D

I love both Goat and Lamb; he thinks Lamb is "gamy" but loves Goat.

Both such great meats, and much easier to raise than a steer. Yum.

Comment

I went looking for goat recently, there are a number of farms near by that raise goats, but none of them sell meat. They all sell milk and soap. Shame really. As OTB said, in my research about the raising of goats it seems to be impractical to feedlot them, because they don't do well in that environment and the volume is so low that it just doesn't make economic sense.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

Oh! With a little googling I just found a Jamaican restaurant near my work that serves curried goat. Could it be that it is primal friendly?

Comment

An update, I ordered the goat at the Jamaican restaurant for takeout. It came with a lot of carbs that I threw out (felt bad about that) but the goat was out of this world. It looked like mostly rib meat the bones were cut and the marrow came out into the sauce, it was fabulous. I'm going to have to find some goat to make my own. I'm not sure why the local farms don't sell meat? USDA/FDA restriction of some sort I am sure.

Comment

Goat meat is wonderful. It's one of my favorite things to get at the farmers market. I can get it at the grocery, but it comes all cubed, bone and all- which seems a bit bizarre to me, not to mention it limits cooking possibilities.

Comment

if grok worried about not eating every three hours he probably would have died from stress when he was 25...

Comment

Working...
                        X