Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken McNuggets

My wife loves this "food"! Link

Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

I hope thats strawberry softserve...
    sigpic

Comment

Your wife can rest (somewhat) easy (ier). Chicken McNuggets are made with 100% white meat, not the stuff in that picture.

http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp

Comment

To be fair, McDonalds chicken nuggets don't have any of this in them anymore. But I guess they did in the past, so she probably has eaten some of it.
        "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Did you all know that Chipotle used to be owned by the same people who own McDonald's?!?!?! I wonder how they could go from one extreme to the other based on food preperations.

Comment

Originally posted by croí View Post
            Did you all know that Chipotle used to be owned by the same people who own McDonald's?!?!?! I wonder how they could go from one extreme to the other based on food preperations.
            McDonalds was an investor in Chipotle for about a decade. It's not unusual for a large corporation of any kind (food, clothing, etc) to own or invest in high end and low end operations (and everything in between). In this town we have Food Lion and Bloom grocery stores - one is significantly nicer and higher end than the other.
            Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Originally posted by kennelmom View Post
              McDonalds was an investor in Chipotle for about a decade. It's not unusual for a large corporation of any kind (food, clothing, etc) to own or invest in high end and low end operations (and everything in between). In this town we have Food Lion and Bloom grocery stores - one is significantly nicer and higher end than the other.
              In this town Food Lion is the nicer store.
              Started my journey on May 22, 2010:

Beginning weight ~180
              Current weight ~145

Nov. 9, 2009........Nov. 9, 2010.....Jun. 17, 2011
              LDL 155...............LDL 176............LDL 139
              HDL 39................HDL 66..............HDL 95
              TGL 154..............TGL 77..............TGL 49

Comment

McDonalds does not use this stuff in their McNuggets anymore, and have not for a number of years. This is what you will find in typical discount chicken patties and nuggets though, such as the Banquet brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal View Post
                  Your wife can rest (somewhat) easy (ier). Chicken McNuggets are made with 100% white meat, not the stuff in that picture.

http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp
                  hmmm, are you sure they are ok to eat, here is a video of my wife's last purchase 0.o
                  Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
                  READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Comment

Working...
                  X