So sick of salad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sick of salad

I am just wondering if anyone has any lunch ideas? I am so sick of salad, I have tried all different kinds lately and tried different meats, veges, oils, fats and I am just over it......I need a salad break. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes? I have avoided lunch over the last few days and just ate some strawberries because I can't stomach anymore raw vegetables.

firstly hello in kiwiland (Auckland no less - im an ex-Howick boy) from a kiwi in Oz ...
    i had a dozen prawns chopped up in half an avocado with a squeeze of lemon on top ..... one idea!

Comment

Thanks, thats a really good idea. I think sometimes I make it more complicated than it needs to be. I'm in the Howick area and am originally from Australia. ha ha

Comment

are u serious ... i grew up in a house on botany road .. when i was a kid across the road was a farm and four doors down was another farm .. all different now ... what took u to NZ ? enjoy it ?

Comment

Summer is coming down your way, enjoy grilled veggies. Brush eggplant, zucchini, peppers with olive oil infused with mashed garlic and fresh herbs. I like oregano or basil.

Comment

Lol I can never be arsed making salads myself, so I only eat them when served to me. I just bring stews, frittatas, stir fries or any other regular "evening meals" in an airtight container for lunch, and I still feel I eat lots of veggies.

Comment

oh yeah I hear you. sometimes I just think no not a salad.... and then I think gawd, what now....

If I'm organised, I'll make a frittata and have that for my lunches... you could try that... my fave is smoked chicken and kumara (with heaps of cream) and a nice relish on the side to add some flavour.

Comment

So eat something different. Really, its not hard
                Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

I always make enough dinner to bring to work the next day. We have a microwave oven but I actually rarely use it since most dishes taste just as great cold...

Comment

God yes, I through waves of eating salad. I love it for a week or so and then hate it just as passionately. Being a single cave man I just get some lunch meat, cheese, tomato and go to town. I roll it up and dip in mustard. Great lunch.
                    Calorie Counter

Comment

I often throw vegetables into the frying pan along with meat/ eggs/ liver. Mushrooms and purple sprouting broccoli are a good combination; finely chopped kale is good, too, and absorbs juices beautifully.

And there are stews and soups... hm, not quite the season for those for you, though. Smoothies, then.

Comment

Leftovers are my lunch, mostly. If there are no leftovers, it can be just coffee with cream. Sometimes, I'll just eat a can of salmon. Others, I may fry some eggs sunny side up and throw on some cheddar and bell pepper.
                        Started my journey on May 22, 2010:

Beginning weight ~180
                        Current weight ~145

Nov. 9, 2009........Nov. 9, 2010.....Jun. 17, 2011
                        LDL 155...............LDL 176............LDL 139
                        HDL 39................HDL 66..............HDL 95
                        TGL 154..............TGL 77..............TGL 49

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
                          So eat something different. Really, its not hard
                          Exactly. I eat salad a few times a week as a side dish to whatever else I'm eating. I don't think I could eat it as a main dish every day. My lunches are usually leftovers or some sort of stir fry of meat (usually chicken) + veggies + spices. There are nearly endless combinations of veggies and spices.
                          Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

I'm not a big fan of salads either. I'm usually on the road for lunches so I throw something together that I can eat and drive at the same time. Usually it a wrap of some sort, yesterday's was some left over chicken, half an avocado and half a tomato wrapped with 3 romaine leaves. If I know I will be somewhere where I can eat with both hands I bring warm leftovers in a thermos
                            http://kitoikitchen.blogspot.com/

Comment

Definitely try that great spinach and coconut flour "bread" that's been posted here a few times. No more difficult than making pancakes from scratch and voila...you're back to eating sandwiches whenever you want!
                              carl's cave

Comment

Working...
                              X