Coconut butter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut butter

Is my new favorite food. I've just been eating it straight out of the jar and occasionally will melt it on salmon, which is amazing BTW.

Any suggestions for other uses?

Pretty much anything you used peanut butter for can be replaced with coconut butter.

Comment

go through 2 jars a week..... need to stop lol

you can make it by putting dess coconut in the food procerssor and letting it go until it makes coconut butter...$$ saver in most places
      Get on my Level
      http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

cooked a sliced apple in coconut oil with apple pie spice and then drizzle coconut cream on top. Yummy

Comment

I can't buy the stuff anymore. I'll eat the whole jar in two days.

Comment

Oh yum!

Comment

Originally posted by rev View Post
              I can't buy the stuff anymore. I'll eat the whole jar in two days.
              same haha im trying to not buy it and see how i change up my food... i need more variety and coconut butter is not helping cuz ill just eat half a jar and be done with food lol
              Get on my Level

Comment

Stupid question....is coconut butter the same as coconut oil?
                Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Originally posted by lizch View Post
                  Stupid question....is coconut butter the same as coconut oil?
                  Not a stupid question! They are different. Coconut butter is simply dried coconut that has been ground to a very fine consistency. It has coconut oil in it, mixed with the "meat" so it's mostly fat, but some carbs, fiber and other stuff too. Coconut oil is made from dried coconut (sometimes at least) but it has the meat removed and is pure fat (macronutrient-wise). I think Nutiva calls their coconut butter coconut manna.

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                    Not a stupid question! They are different. Coconut butter is simply dried coconut that has been ground to a very fine consistency. It has coconut oil in it, mixed with the "meat" so it's mostly fat, but some carbs, fiber and other stuff too. Coconut oil is made from dried coconut (sometimes at least) but it has the meat removed and is pure fat (macronutrient-wise). I think Nutiva calls their coconut butter coconut manna.
                    Oh thank you! I'll keep my eyes open for it. I just can't get used to the consistency of coconut oil...maybe I'll like the butter more.
                    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                      I found Coconut Manna at Whole Foods in the baking section under the breadcrumbs. I would describe it as similar to peanut butter as it has more texture and flavor and sweetness than straight coconut oil. I put some on a pumpkin waffle this morning.

Comment

This stuff is the BOMB!!! I get the Artisana brand, and it's a real indulgence (definitely takes a lot of self control NOT to eat the whole jar in one day!) It's delicious spread on a green apple, or just straight with a spoon. I was told at the co-op where i bought it that you can put a few spoonfuls in a blender with some warm water and make coconut milk. I tried it, and voila! its versatility and overall yumminess makes it irresistible for me! It's a good sweet treat with minimal carbs (7 total, 5 grams of fiber).

Comment

Originally posted by SOBE Grok-Star View Post
                          I get the Artisana brand, and it's a real indulgence (definitely takes a lot of self control NOT to eat the whole jar in one day!) .
                          What is Artisana bread?

Comment

haha adrianag is that your subconscious wwanting bread!!?!??! it is artisana BRAND
                            Get on my Level

Comment

you can also use the coconut butter with some coconut rum and a bit of frozen pineapple and you have yourself one primal pina colada. or at least that is what i am drinking right now!
                              Home birthing legal mama. Unschooler. Jewish Intactivist (step away from the foreskin!). Full-term breastfeeder. Kettlebell padawan.

Comment

Working...
                              X