Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subbing breakfast for a late night meal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subbing breakfast for a late night meal?

For some reason i find myself very hungry at night (around 10pm) and have been doing a lot of snacking. I'm thinking of just doing away with breakfast and shifting my eating to 3 meals starting later:
    1st @ 1pm
    2nd @ 5:30
    3rd @ 10pm
    I donít see how this would be bad as Iíve heard the whole skipping breakfast/late night eating is a myth. Thoughts?

Do what works for you. I definitely find that I like extending my overnight fast and don't eat my first meal until 12pm.

Comment

Do as you please. Everyone is different. Nowadays I am very busy, so I am having two big meals (with 2 snacks) (in a 8 hour window), and I fast for 14-16 hours. I feel great. Other times I have three meals, but I like to extend the natural sleeping fast (making a total of 11-12 hour fast).

Do what work for you......remember, you DON"T have to eat every 2 hours, and it is find (and natural) to skip meals and do Intermittent Fasting (which has it's benefits).
      Last edited by Zed; 10-26-2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Martin over at leangains just did a piece that covers what you are talking about. I usually eat twice a day and I found that a later meal just didn't work well into my schedule. I did go through a phase where I was doing all of my eating in the evening though. Right now, it's basically lunch and dinner and I don't snack.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top...-debunked.html
        http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Gotta watch those 'little snacks'. They are often bigger than the snacker realizes, and they can tend to come up a bit more often than remembered.
          Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

OK thanks everyone. I'm going to give it a shot and see how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by periquin View Post
              Gotta watch those 'little snacks'. They are often bigger than the snacker realizes, and they can tend to come up a bit more often than remembered.
              You have a point. Most people "snacks" are actually "meals"....lol!

Snack for me are either fruits or nuts (sometimes some squares of 85% dark cocoa bars).

Comment

Working...
              X