Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper Fat/Protein/Carb Ration

Hey,
    Sorry about the title, it should say ratio.

I'm a 20 year old college student trying to make this whole Primal thing work. I'm 6'1", 180 lbs, 15% bodyfat and consuming around 2000 calories a day. I follow a HIT workout routine twice a week, run sprints once or twice and swim/walk regularly. Over the past week, I've done some IF such as skipping meals.

I have been tracking my calorie breakdown on the dailyplate for a week and my macronutrient percentages look like this: 60% Fats, 5% Carbs, 35% Protein. I'm eating plenty of eggs and grassfed beef, lamb, and cage-free chicken. For fats, I mainly eat coconut oil, coconut milk, and olive oil along with whatever saturated fat comes from the meat. As far as carbs go, my only carbs come from coconut milk, nuts and vegetables, I've completely cut out fruit over the last week, but I use an unflavored whey protein isolate to supplement my protein intake. If anyone has any recommendations, I would appreciate it. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Nmb; 10-25-2010, 09:38 AM.

I strive to hit your ratios and have a hard time doing it. Congrats! I think you're doing great!
    "It may be normal darling, but I'd rather be natural." -Holly Golightly

Comment

Sounds good! Mine is similar, but I shoot for 70% fat.
      Rebecca

Right click here to watch me lose 22.5 pounds of body fat and gain 5.5 pounds of muscle in only 5 months right before your eyes in this cool morphing video!

Click the banner below to visit my blog:

sigpic

Feb 2009 - 158 pounds - 43.6% body fat
      Aug 2013 - 138 pounds - 34.3% body fat
      So far, lost 19.8 pounds of body fat and gained 1.8 pounds of lean mass
      Goal - 136 pounds - 30% body fat
      Still need to lose 6.4 more pounds of body fat and gain 4.2 more pounds of lean mass

Comment

Working...
      X