Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's your opinion on: avocados? nuts? olives? tofu? as fat sources?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's your opinion on: avocados? nuts? olives? tofu? as fat sources?

I like:
    avocados
    nuts
    olives
    tofu
    as fat sources.
    I'd rather "eat" (chew) my fat than "drink" (non-chew!) my fat, like olive oils and other fat "liquids."
    What is your opinion on getting the fat from the 4 above sources??

Advocados - good
    Nuts - depends on the person
    Olives (Olive oil?) - good
    tofu - bad

Comment

I think avocados and nuts are good, but very calorie dense so I rarely eat them. I like olives once in a while. Soy, I avoid as much as I possibly can (it's in friggen canned tuna and that pisses me off) and I'd rather eat my shoe than tofu.
      http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Acacados = very good fat, as long as you can fit the cals and carbs in your daily intake (especially if looking for weight loss)
        Nuts= good fat, but trigger food for MANY
        Olives= good if high quality, Olive Oil, I use as a third choice (coconut and butter first two)
        Soy= BAAADDDDD processed more than most CW junk food!
        Redflame
        Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
        Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
        Goal of Significant Weight Loss
        15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

Avocados - the best. very helpful when you find you haven't eaten enough calories for the day
          Olives - if from a jar watch the sodium, as an oil - great for dressings
          Nuts - I love them, but they don't love me so I tend to avoid them.
          Tofu - i used to eat it occasionally when I was a vegetarian, now I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
          Cheers
          Carlye

WWGD - What Would Grok Do?

Comment

Tofu = "Bean Wonderbread"

Comment

what is the point of tofu? surely it is a grain as it comes from soya bean? that makes it bad in my book

I love avocados - such a powerhouse of nutrients!

Nuts - i stick to macadamias where i can get them, cashews (not a nut i know!) if i can't

Olives - yack...don't really enjoy them...too salty. Olive Oil on the other hand - rocks. but not for cooking.
              Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
              **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Comment

Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
                Tofu = "Bean Wonderbread"
                Thats funny stuff!
                Redflame
                Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
                Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
                Goal of Significant Weight Loss
                15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

As others have said. Avacado>olives/oil>nuts>soy.

Soy is poison.

Comment

macadamias are the only nuts I eat. Avocados are generally pretty good. Try coconut, fatty meat, butter. It is not hard to get fat!!

Comment

I can't have nuts in this house, full stop! I bought a BIG bag of macs once (500g it was) and it lasted QI (i.e 30 mins). Almonds are just as dangerous, ditto pine kernels.

I've never cared for olives, either. Thankfully, Daemonised, we don't have that crud added to our tuna here. Even the very cheapest tuna is still 100% tuna (and line caught wild).
                      La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

Avocados: delicious and nutritious
                        Olive oil: Good as a salad dressing but I generally don't use it for cooking anymore
                        Nuts: in moderation, pay attention to how much O6's you're getting
                        Tofu: is best used for non-food purposes (i.e. throwing it at people you don't like)
                        Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

Avocados are awesome!

Nuts are okay, depending on which ones. Also I wouldn't make a habit of eating them if you want to lose weight. Every now and then they make a good snack though.

Olives are good too, but watch your salt intake. Olive oil is great!

Tofu ..... don't even think about it!
                          "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

avocados: go nuts
                            nuts: watch it, those critters are addictive. Measure it out in SMALL amounts
                            olives: watch the salt
                            olive oil: my go to oil after butter and bacon grease
                            soy product- Stop, do not pass go. not even an option.
                            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by grokka View Post
                              macadamias are the only nuts I eat. Avocados are generally pretty good. Try coconut, fatty meat, butter. It is not hard to get fat!!
                              Ditto... kind of. If I were to eat only one nut for the rest of my life it would be macadamia nuts. I LOVE macadamia butter! It only has .36 grams of omega 6's per serving (1 oz.). It is full of monounsaturated fats and is the best tasting nut!!

To answer your original question:

Avocado: I eat 1 per day usually in my big ass salad
                              Nuts: I would rather eat other fats but LOVE macadamias as I said above.
                              Olives: I add olive oil to my big ass salads sometimes
                              Soy: Ehhhhhh...... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Grass fed butter and coconut oil are perfect to cook with and also to drizzle on things like veggies
                              Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X