Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtle Burgers

I need to try these!!

Handmade ground beef patties, topped with sharp cheddar cheese, wrapped in a bacon weave.

Then the next step, add hotdogs as the heads, legs and tail.

Place on an oven rack, covered loosely with foil and baked for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees. A little crispy, not too crunchy...just how a turtle should be, no?

Never, never, never quit! -- Winston Churchill

This is the greatest thing i have ever seen

Comment

Wow, the feet and tail really came out looking great too. Kids would love those.
      http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
        My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

Having been in a store the other day that sold turtle jerky (and alligator, among more conventional items), I thought you meant, well, turtle. Now that's a Primal meat source we don't hear too much about. (I confess I didn't go for the exotic jerky, though I bought some smoked fish!)
          Last edited by PrairieProf; 10-20-2010, 10:08 AM.

Comment

hahahaha PrairieProf....I thought the same exact thing when I first read the title
            My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

Last Christmas when we were in New Orleans, we actually bought turtle meat and brought it home to Denver. New Years dinner party (annual affair) we made turtle soup.

First - It was very good.
              Second - a pain in the a$$ to clean that turtle meat.
              Third - turtle meat is expensive.

Glad I did it. Not making it again any time soon. Too much work.
              Never, never, never quit! -- Winston Churchill

Comment

Alright, what have you done to me?

I feel the need to take the rest of the day off, hit the store on the way home from the office, and go home and make turtles........I'm sure my clients would understand!

I did the bacon weave around a meat loaf---fantastic, especially with pepper bacon. And another side note; we tried uncured beef bacon this weekend, fantastic as well!
                Redflame
                Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
                Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
                Goal of Significant Weight Loss
                15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Redflame View Post
                  I feel the need to take the rest of the day off, hit the store on the way home from the office, and go home and make turtles........I'm sure my clients would understand!
                  Same thing happening here. If I just disappear from lab in the middle of an experiment, my boss should be cool with that, right? =]

I've been wondering what to make for dinner on my birthday (a week and a half away) and I think I've found it. These are TOO CUTE. Ugh, I don't know if I can wait that long!
                  "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Those look awesome!

Comment

Working...
                    X