If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
1. familial intolerance, although my gluten test came back negative
2. lectins/phytates/anit-nutrients etc
3. make me fart
4. give me indigestion
5. they don't have enough fat and taste like shit without spices etc.
They make me feel like crap
Most of them taste like crap (unless being used as an edible platter for meat/butter/sauce)
They're inappropriate foods for humans (see: they make me feel like crap)
Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!
1. Insulin resistance and grain...don't get along
2. I don't like feeling hungry all the time
3. I don't like feeling bloated and retaining water from it
4. It really has no taste to it.
5. I would rather 'fill up' on fat and veggies
Last edited by momofredheads; 10-21-2010, 11:04 AM.
Reason: typing too fast and posted before I was done
1. Inflammation. (I can barely even walk when I'm on grains. The repercussions are great if I cheat, so I'm not inclined to do so.)
3. Inability to focus at work.
4. Makes me fat.
6. Weird sweaty hormone thing.
"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates
Having just started I can tell you, there is no question that there was a degree of inflammation associated w/ grains that I find astonishing. I intended to ease into Primal but after a few days on it and suffering symptoms when straying I am pantry clean-out committed. Who needs another reason?
And this from a "healthy" whole-grain eating, home baked bread no junk food type of carboholic. Never met a carb I didn't like. They say you're only addicted to what hurts you.
I also have embraced the fat, so to speak, as a result of reading this forum and I think that eating the good fats has made me not miss the carbs in a way that I also find astonishing.
I do miss grains, not going to lie. I miss having submarine sandwiches, plate full of lasagna, and especially tortillas! However, I realize they were compromising my health and thus my life. I choose to live rather then sedentary on a full stomach of fat in progression in me.
1) Losing weight
2) More energy
3) Overall more positive
4) More strength
5) Much less processed food