Beef hard to digest?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef hard to digest?

Does anyone else find that beef is hard to digest, and that it contributes to more body odor when you eat a lot of it?

Just wondering ..
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

What do you mean "hard to digest"? I've never understood that term...
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Comment

Originally posted by echoyjeff222 View Post
      Does anyone else find that beef is hard to digest, and that it contributes to more body odor when you eat a lot of it?

Just wondering ..
      Please explain how beef is hard to digest (heard that one from a Vegetarian [beef takes days before it fully exit your body), but never found any scientific study that proved it). I am never blotted/sick after eating beef (even a 16oz T-bone steak), so I guess my body digest beef very effectively.

BTW, I eat beef regularly and have not developed any offensive body odor.

Comment

well it's just like when i eat too much meat it seems like I don't go to the restroom usually and such ... ? It's hard to describe.

Comment

beef gets pretty much completely digested, so it wont make you go to the restroom usually and such as much.
          If the beef is cooked too well done sometimes I feel like it sits in my stomach a little longer. Add lots of fat and fibery veggies and you'll pass your beef.
          sigpic

Comment

well it's just like when i eat too much meat it seems like I don't go to the restroom usually and such ... ? It's hard to describe.
            Compare to someone who eats lots of grains, mega loads of vegetables/fruits and little meat, someone on a Primal Blueprint probably go to the restroom way less. Since going primal and eating 1-2 pounds of meat, I usually go once a day (whereas before I used to go 2-3 times a day).

I will suggest to add more fat, and fiber rich foods (if you going days without going to the restroom). Fats will do the trick........

Comment

Originally posted by Zed View Post
              Please explain how beef is hard to digest (heard that one from a Vegetarian [beef takes days before it fully exit your body), but never found any scientific study that proved it). I am never blotted/sick after eating beef (even a 16oz T-bone steak), so I guess my body digest beef very effectively.

BTW, I eat beef regularly and have not developed any offensive body odor.
              That is a vegetarian load of propoganda. Beef is completely digested and in a only a few hours.

Not needing to go does not equal constipation. Humans are not meant to spend all their time eating and crapping like cows, yet today everyone thinks thats the norm.

Look at the Inuit who on ameat only diet needed only to crap ~ once a week.

This is because meat is easily, and completely, digested. I've even heard it doesn't reach the colon (and I wouldn't be surprised if thats true) but I've no desire to research any further. Foods that cannot be properly digested (i.e grains) cause you go to the toilet more often because your body wants to get rid of them.

Eat more steak and enjoy the extra time you have now that you are not spending as much time on the can.
              A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

No. The answer is no. I mean not unless you're bad at digesting. It is quite a lot of protein and fat and it's tougher than fish and poultry. But nah, I usually feel my best after a large slab of beef and want to go running.
                Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Where are you? Are you in Asia, especially a rural area? If so there might be a recognizable difference in body odor. Recognizable, not offensive. Among western beef eaters there won't be any odor at all. You will just smell like one 'of the boys' and girls, of course.
                  Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

lean meats tend to give me a stomach ache and give me hard stools that can take a long time to poop out. i really stay away from lean cuts of beef and chicken for this reason. try sticking with fatty meats for a while. see if the fat content helps you at all. it helped me a ton.
                    good luck!

Comment

Meat in general can be diffiicult to digest if you are hypochloridic. This means that you have low stomach acid and you may have trouble with dense protein sources.

What is your history with eating meat? Have you spent a lot of time as a vegetarian or avoiding animal sources of protein?

Comment

maybe try to chew your food alot more lol. digestion starts in the mouth!

Comment

No, it's just before I started eating primal I didn't eat a lot of meat at all, just mostly veggies and maybe a little chicken or pork on the side. I also had quite a bit of grains as well, bread and such. It's mostly the quantity, I think. I'm eating a WHOLE BUNCH more now. Maybe that's the problem?
                          Last edited by echoyjeff222; 10-18-2010, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by earthspirit View Post
                            maybe try to chew your food alot more lol. digestion starts in the mouth!
                            I think this might be a big problem too. I'm eating SOO much faster now and sometimes I forget to chew. LOL. Thanks for the pointer

Comment

I can smell what type of meat I've been had in my urine sometimes. Steaks, salmon and tuna are the easiest to distinguish, but then I eat a lot of each of those.
                              http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Working...
                              X