Carbohydrate cycling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbohydrate cycling?

Has this been adressed before? Or logged before? I am thinking of trying something like CKD but make it paleo and use potatoes and quinoa as me carb refeeds. Also thinking about cycling between high, med, and low carb days thorughout the week and have them correspond with my workouts for the week.

Just interested to see if anyone has tried to do something like this but primal style?

Hey, Judojosh, where do you Judo?. Anyway, I'd eat "normal". What I mean is, my sensei used to have us stop meat 2 days before tournyments. Every time I'd blow it off and just eat , I did better. Follow the primal stuff. Carb loading is bunk in my un professioanl opinion.

Comment

Vineland Judo Club.. and I wasnt really reffering to the practice of carb loading I was talking about carb cycling. It is a dieting technique used to get lean gain and loose weight. I have did it before in the past and it worked great thats why I was thinking of doing it again but just primal style

Comment

JudoJosh; Mark's take on carb refeeding. Carb Refeeding and Weight Loss
        - Follow me on Twitter | Read my blog! - www.PaleOZ.com -

Free Robb Wolf Paleo Meal Generator for iPhone
        IF Timer - The Original Intermittent Fasting iPhone App

Comment

And Rob Faigin's website:

http://www.hormonalfitness.com/hormonal-fitness.htm

He recommends two carb refeed meals a week, and the rest low carb, and has good science behind the recommendation. His book, "Natural Hormonal Enhancement" makes very interesting reading.

Comment

thanks for the links guys. Ima read them tomorow after class.

Comment

I do this Josh, to keep the weight on and hunger ticking over. I use sweet potatoes and yam - potatoes don't agree with me and quinoa, although a 'non-grain', is still problematic due to its saponin content which can damage gut lining cells.
              My primal journal
              You might find these handy: Free gluten free restaurant cards in 50+ languages
              In Praise of the Primal Lifestyle

Comment

How much grams of carb do you usually take in a refeed in order to make it work?

Comment

I don't measure out the amount of carbs that go into my refeed, but I do eat a decent sized sweet potato as a refeed and I tend to eat less fat than I normally would to accommodate the additional carbs.
                  http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

+1 I drop the fat and eat enough carbs and protein to make myself feel as full as normal. Probably 200-300g in a refeed day I would guess.
                    My primal journal
                    You might find these handy: Free gluten free restaurant cards in 50+ languages
                    In Praise of the Primal Lifestyle

Comment

Working...
                    X