I LOVE brussell sprouts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I LOVE brussell sprouts

Lunch today: brussell sprouts and cut up carrots cooked in bacon fat and coconut oil w/ a chicken sausage (usually do shrimp) and then topped with gorgonzola. YUMMY!!!!

Oooh, that sounds good.

How long do you saute the brussel sprouts for?Are they cut in half or whole?
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Mmm that gives me an idea. Bacon butter Brussell sprouts. Inject butter into the sprout and wrap it in bacon. Now I just need a butter syringe.
      Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

How timely! I just stumbled upon the following recipe last night and was intending to make this this weekend.

BEHOLD!

Carmelized Onion-Bacon-Pecan Brussel Sprouts (!)
        http://southern.food.com/recipe/cara...sprouts-124966
        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Here's one of my favorites: Alton Brown's Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Cheese Recipe

Comment

Originally posted by lizch View Post
            Oooh, that sounds good.

How long do you saute the brussel sprouts for?Are they cut in half or whole?
            I do cut them in half just so they cook faster. It probably takes 10 minutes. Not really sure as I don't really pay attention. I just taste one every now and then till it is the way I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
              Wow that looks awesome. Going to have to try that one!

Comment

tis the season! I love brussel sprouts in the fall sautee'd with shallots and pancetta. However I also just love them steamed with a bit of butter and sea salt.

Comment

Brussel sprouts perfect companion is ham. It's like God intended them to go together.

Comment

they are my most favorite vegetable, my grandfather is growing some out in his garden this year actually. cut them in half and drench them in coconut oil, salt and garlic and roast at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes.....too good to be true.

Comment

I love roasted brussel sprouts.

Comment

Boil them for about ten min, saute garlic and bacon in heaps of butter, cut brussel sprouts in half and add to the buttery, garlicy, bacony, heaven.

Comment

I can't wait to start seeing the brussels sprout 'trees' at the Farmers' Market.

Comment

oven roasted or pan roasted in butter and/or bacon....yummmmmmmm. Boiled or steamed...meh. I always try not to boil my veggies as I can just imagine all the nutrients leaching out into the water....maybe an old wive's tale but it's in my head. Plus the texture tends to turn to mush if you don't time it perfectly.
                            Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

"Creamed Brussel Sprouts"--slice into strips (the leaves all separate, so it looks a little like cabbage for coleslaw), saute in butter until soft, then add some heavy cream. (if you do dairy that is--I don't think coconut cream/milk would work with the sulfurous flavor of the sprouts).

Comment

Working...
                              X