Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the things I like about this lifestyle.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the things I like about this lifestyle.

It inspires creativity. I was home alone and nothing was prepared for dinner. I went rummaging and knew if I didn't come up with something quick, I would torture myself looking at all the junk in this house that I don't want to eat.

I grabbed some cauliflower, chicken, onion, baby portabellos and parsley. I sauteed all that in coconut oil and when everything seemed done or softened, piled it all on a plate, hit it with a little kosher salt and ground black pepper and devoured it. I actually hate that I didn't save some for my next meal.

Just a little while ago, I was looking for a snack. I had pears that a lady picked from the tree in her yard. My omelette pan was on the stove, so I sliced up the pear threw the pieces in some hot butter and fried them til they started browning around the edges. While I was waiting on them, I sprinkled some cinnamon on a plate. I took the pieces out of the pan and put them on the plate and sprinkled more cinnamon on top. Once they began the cool, they got really good.

I know this is probably not an eye popping revelation, but I wanted to express my pleasure over it.
    Started my journey on May 22, 2010:

Beginning weight ~180
    Current weight ~145

Nov. 9, 2009........Nov. 9, 2010.....Jun. 17, 2011
    LDL 155...............LDL 176............LDL 139
    HDL 39................HDL 66..............HDL 95
    TGL 154..............TGL 77..............TGL 49

The fried pears with the cinnamon sounds pretty damn good right about know. I wonder how that would taste fried in bacon fat.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

You sound like me. This evening for desert I took a half of a banan and some strawberries and cooked them in butter and cinamon.

Comment

Oh yum...that sounds nice. I thought that was heading towards pear omelette...which might have been odd.

I agree it makes you be creative - even if its in a bid to actually use all that fresh produce. Though I have made some pretty hideous combinations of food in recent times. All a learning experience.

Oh, skin531, I know apples taste pretty damn awesome fried in bacon fat...

Comment

Damnit, now I'm hungry.....and I'm in the middle of an IF!!!
          My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
            The fried pears with the cinnamon sounds pretty damn good right about know. I wonder how that would taste fried in bacon fat.
            I would think bacon fat would go against the desert feel of the dish and make it more meal-like. But you have bacon in your avatar and I have a kid mourning the loss of Santa Claus, so I think you should try it.
            Started my journey on May 22, 2010:

Beginning weight ~180
            Current weight ~145

Nov. 9, 2009........Nov. 9, 2010.....Jun. 17, 2011
            LDL 155...............LDL 176............LDL 139
            HDL 39................HDL 66..............HDL 95
            TGL 154..............TGL 77..............TGL 49

Comment

Working...
            X