"I Started Running Again So Now I Can Eat Whatever I Want!"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I Started Running Again So Now I Can Eat Whatever I Want!"

That is what I heard this morning from a co-worker... along with...

"You should get 90% of your calories in the morning... a little for lunch... and then like nothing for dinner..."

as well as ...

"You gotta watch Cholesteral... that's the most important thing ever..."

And the rest of the office soaks it up like gospel... Yet when I lose almost 80 lbs with minimal exercise (certainly not running 12-20 miles a week like said coworker) while getting to eat lots of eggs and bacon and salad and meat all anyone can say is "You'll bounce back." and "It's water weight." and "Yeah, talk to me when you have a heart attack" (this coming a diabetic eating a sugar free donut)

You know, a study shows that by 2020 75% of americans will be overweight... Wow. It'll be weird being a part of the 25% and not being a part of the endless diseaser capitalism cycle of whole wheats and weight watchers.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

That's like a guy I work with who used to be a pretty good distance runner. He's spent the last four years (the time we've worked together) getting steadily fatter and fatter, and yet he still holds forth on fitness issues and often claims 'I could run this off in a month if I wanted to'.

So far I've been able to resist calling him out on that one.
    The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
    Blog
    sigpic

Comment

I know some of them may be your friends, but your co-workers are idiots. So you have lost 80 lbs and it is all water? Are they serious? I say let them eat their sugar free donuts(really?) and run themselves into the ground.
      My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

It's about managing guilt and lieing to yourself more than ignorance. They can see they're getting fat by eating doughnuts and runnings.
        Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
        Current Weight: 266lbs
        High-school Weight: 235lbs
        Goal: ????

Comment

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
          I know some of them may be your friends, but your co-workers are idiots. So you have lost 80 lbs and it is all water? Are they serious? I say let them eat their sugar free donuts(really?) and run themselves into the ground.
          Amen... and this person in particular is my absolute least favorite person in the office... she is vegan.. well ... sometimes... well she calls herself vegan ... while she eats a hot dog...

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

Most hot dogs have so little meat that they might as well be vegan...
            The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
            Blog
            sigpic

Comment

Oh... and i forgot to mention.... those Hot Dogs and those Donuts... all fat free!!!

Comment

A fat-free hotdog eating vegan. I believe that pretty much says it all right there.
                My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

80 pounds of water weight!

I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there.
                  My journal
                  7/5/11 -Size 14;
                  1/10/12 -Size 4

Comment

I kinda used to be like that, or at least believe that. I thought (and part of it was reading Born to Run, though the book DOES NOT say you can eat what you want as long as you run, I came ot that conclusion on my own) I could eat whatever as long as I ran a lot I would never, in my flawed logic, put on weight. Combine that with doing muay thai at lesat 3x a week. I didn't understand why I wasn't losing and actually seemed to be gaining... then I found MDA!
                    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by AuntPol View Post
                      80 pounds of water weight!

I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there.
                      Yeah that made me chuckle too!! People just don't want it bad enough to change, really they want to have their cake and eat it too...literally. When they become desperate enough, like I have, then the change will happen.
                      ~*Lori*~
                      my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
                      my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
                      CW 192

Comment

Originally posted by thehallowprince View Post
                        "You should get 90% of your calories in the morning... a little for lunch... and then like nothing for dinner..."
                        That advice isn't so bad -- as long as it's primal food.
                        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by thehallowprince View Post
                          capitalism cycle of whole wheats and weight watchers.
                          lulz

But yeah, the rest of what you said. People I know just can't accept that eating what they eat is making them fat, even when they see someone (me) not eating those things and getting smaller instead of bigger. It must be the exercise!

Comment

I went out with a girl once that claimed that she ran marathons so she could eat all the carbs that she wanted. While it is true that she was doing marathons, she was running and walking through them very slowly and was borderline obese. She did succeed in consuming a lot of carbs though and probably won't have any cartilage in her lower half before long. The is was a couple years before going primal and rather than point out the obvious, I left it at that.
                            http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

From my personal experience, when I first started running I could eat whatever I wanted. Then after a while, I couldn't. It backfired very quickly. So I increased my mileage, then had to increase my carbs, then had to increase my mileage, then had to increase my carbs, then had to increase my mileage...ad infinitum...

And then I binged. I was always extraordinarily hungry while running.

Comment

Working...
                              X