Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skinny Coffee?!

This looks so wacked!
    It just looks like a scam. Could there be any validity to it's claims?
    Thoughts?
    http://www.skinnysciencecoffee.com/Research.htm

If a food needs a website to make health claims, it's not a food? Michael Pollan principle in action here.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Good point. It's fairly audacious. I guess I thought it was sort of funny and bizarre and thought I'd share.

Comment

The big question is "why would you mess with coffee?" Coffee is amazing, full of antioxidants, and already a natural energy booster. I add a little cream and stevia/splenda and it is perfect.

Comment

One of their claims I know is mooky on their site. Humans don't have much in the way of brown fat.
          http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Unless they put Ephedrine in it, the brown fat claim is likely false. And if they put ephedrine in it, I'm buying some haha
            sigpic
            In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

Originally posted by EGYnutrition View Post
              Unless they put Ephedrine in it, the brown fat claim is likely false. And if they put ephedrine in it, I'm buying some haha
              I can remember the days (probably 10-12 years ago) when I would pop ephedrine like nothing. Ripped Fuel by Twinlabs was our Red Bull. I'll admit, I LOVE ephedrine.

Comment

"Because Coffee causes FAT STORAGE in humans."

Really? I have never heard that before at all.
                "It is your responsibility to control the outcome"
                "In our society, people respect weight loss. Even if you do nothing cool or interesting or memorable for the rest of your life, you'll have done that."
                "Is a brief moment on the lips, worth a long time on the hips?"

Comment

Ahhh when Freedom was free haha... I still know people to this day who have swore by it over coffee, ect... for the past 20 years
                  sigpic
                  In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ryano View Post
                    "Because Coffee causes FAT STORAGE in humans."

Really? I have never heard that before at all.
                    It's a really broad claim but any type of stress (coffee>> cortisol >> possible fat storage) can heighten the chance you store fat. Once again, with nonabusive use this is a very broad claim.
                    sigpic

Comment

It's weird...they have SO much actual science there, but they overlook the fact that you WON'T STORE FAT if your diet is configured correctly.

Of course, then you could drink REAL coffee, like I do...and they won't make any money

Comment

This sounds like it's basically time released caffeine, which back in the day we called Dexatrim.

Comment

I suspect that this stuff is ordinary coffee--but with its own website that's trying to market it differently.

I'm post-menopausal and hypothyroid--and thus have an extremely slow metabolism. When I was struggling with a serious plateau many months ago, my endo suggested that since I'm "otherwise healthy," I might increase my consumption of caffeine to spur my metabolism. Fortunately, I love black coffee--and have been drinking it to excess for months. Not only does it not 'store fat,' it's helped me get to my lowest weight since 5th grade!

All those non-Rx 'diet pills' just contain a lot of caffeine (since ephedra has been banned). For me, it's more pleasant to drink my caffeine.

Comment

The skinny on the skinny-coffee...
                            1. they "blunted" the caffeine
                            2. they added chromium

Naturally they also have low-glycemic sweeteners and low-calorie creamers to go with it (I suppose they are covering all their bases).

In short you could technically ditch your coffee, add a chromium supplement and be on your merry way.

Or you could go primal.
                            quette's journal

Comment

Working...
                            X