No announcement yet.

Zinc deficiency - zinc tally taste test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can any of us be zinc deficient? Liver, oysters, beef heart, bacon, all Primal staple foods, all RICH with zinc.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I was a chemistry student in 1988/9? when Professor Brice-Smith brought his 0.01M zinc sulphate solution round to try while we listened to the tale of how he discovered it and how it worked. It was just starting to appear in health food shops at the time. To me it tasted just like water, really inoffensive. To more healthy people though it was disgusting.

If you are deficient in a mineral then you don't perceive it as unpleasant because you need to eat it. As soon as you are no longer deficient then you start to taste it, particularly if it is fat soluble. For example chewy multivitamin tablets are foul if you don't need them.
      In the past year I have discovered that I am gluten, grain, dairy and legume intolerant.

I am trying to make sense of it all through my blog: http://www.goingagainstthegrain.co.uk

Comment

Just mix some zinc iodide into some mashed potatoes and hit the trifecta, why don't you.

I am staying way the hell away from zinc. If I have even a little too much zinc, it spasms my lower intestine. I can't eat cereals like Total or Raisin Bran which are fortified with zinc (back when I was CW), or mineral-laden multivitamins or mineral-fortified protein powders And yes, it was the zinc. I tried the zinc lozenges when I had a cold. Frankly I'd rather have the cold than the spasming intestines.
        5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

I do this test with my clients all the time. I get my liquid zinc thru Biotics (whole food supplements), if anyone wants me to order them some.

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
          How can any of us be zinc deficient? Liver, oysters, beef heart, bacon, all Primal staple foods, all RICH with zinc.
          Easy, some people can't properly absorb it.
          $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

Working...
          X