Pork Rinds question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork Rinds question

What are pork rinds fried in? The labels never say.
    http://primalyak.blogspot.com

Usually in their own lard.

Comment

I don't care what they are fried in, I eat the crap out of them. I bought a giant tub at Sam's Club with 36 servings on it and I think I'll be lucky to get 10 servings out of it by the time I finish it.

I FUCKING LOVE PORK RINDS.

Although if they are fried in their own lard then I suddenly feel MUCH less guilty about it, haha!

Comment

We love them at our house with egg salad! Especially the spicey ones. If we are getting low we call them PIG FUR -- for some reason doing that keeps my daughter out of them for a couple days and makes more for us!

Rivven: I sure wish you had a little more enthusiasm!
        Redflame
        Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
        Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
        Goal of Significant Weight Loss
        15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

In this video, they say "lard"

Comment

I keep wanting to try these and my husband keeps telling me that I will hate them. I don't want to buy a package and prove him right. haha

Comment

Pork rinds are amazing. I use them to dip in tuna fish made w/ avocado (instead of mayo). They are the best thing I've found for a "chip texture" replacement. Not to mention I like the taste.

Adrianne: give them a try, you can usually find them for $2 or less a bag... it's worth at least that to see if you like them. Try the plain ones though, the flavored ones (unless you flavored them yourself) usually have a bunch of junk in them.

Comment

Originally posted by darienx19 View Post
                Pork rinds are amazing. I use them to dip in tuna fish made w/ avocado (instead of mayo). They are the best thing I've found for a "chip texture" replacement. Not to mention I like the taste.

Adrianne: give them a try, you can usually find them for $2 or less a bag... it's worth at least that to see if you like them. Try the plain ones though, the flavored ones (unless you flavored them yourself) usually have a bunch of junk in them.
                Sweet, I will give them a shot!

Comment

If you have a Hispanic market you can find them fresh in the deli, and they will season them there with pure seasonings. Other than there I have only found one brand that has decent ingredients for the seasoned ones.

NOTE: Do NOT smell the bag when you first open them up, you may not want to try them. Also, not a great idea to watch Charolettes Web or Bab while you are trying them for the first time
                  Redflame
                  Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
                  Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
                  Goal of Significant Weight Loss
                  15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

Originally posted by redflame View Post
                    if you have a hispanic market you can find them fresh in the deli, and they will season them there with pure seasonings. Other than there i have only found one brand that has decent ingredients for the seasoned ones.

Note: Do not smell the bag when you first open them up, you may not want to try them. Also, not a great idea to watch charolettes web or bab while you are trying them for the first time
                    lmfao

Comment

I love pork rinds as well. I like to crush them up and use them as "breading" on a chicken breasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Redflame View Post
                        NOTE: Do NOT smell the bag when you first open them up, you may not want to try them.
                        AGREED! Open the bag away from you and don't be tempted to smell them... at least not until they've had a minute to breath. It's like a fine wine or brandy : )

Comment

The best part is you can eat like three plates for only 240 calories. They are the greatest food ever. People laugh when they see how much I eat of these in a sitting but they are like 75% air for christs sake.

if you get cracklins' instead of the puffy rinds though those add up quick... a plate of those can run you almost 500 - 600 cals.

Comment

Yep, My " Go To" Snackie Snack...... with homemad pimento Cheese spread cuz I am a southern girl......

Comment

oh good- I'm glad to hear it. I was enjoying them, but imagining they must be fried in something terrible like cotton seed or canola oil. Last night for dinner we had a HUGE taco salad with pork rinds as the "chips".
                              http://primalyak.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X