Butter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butter

In another thread, someone suggested to buy Kerrygold butter... I bought some and good lord is it delicious. I had to stop myself from busting out a spoon.

What are your favorite ways to eat/cook with/whatever butter?

I can't help but feel guilty eating it, even though I know it's ok to eat now.

Originally posted by Cavebot 3.0 View Post
    I had to stop myself from busting out a spoon.
    I do not usually eat it with a spoon. I eat it on bacon rinds.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavebot 3.0 View Post
      In another thread, someone suggested to buy Kerrygold butter... I bought some and good lord is it delicious. I had to stop myself from busting out a spoon.

What are your favorite ways to eat/cook with/whatever butter?
      I find it specially good for cooking eggs. That's not only about taste. It just works better in the pan: they never stick.

Yeah, to cook with and to melt over cooked vegetables.

Sometimes I just eat pieces of it. In mediaeval and early modern Ireland, people apparently used to eat balls of butter, sometimes rolled in oatmeal. Butter's become regarded mostly as something you spread on bread, but who needs the bread to eat it?

I haven't yet tried putting it in my tea, like the Tibetans and Mongolians do.

Comment

I eat it...lol Someone here on MDA mentioned eating a slice of butter with a bit of dark chocolate- the evilness! It is soo damn good...mmmm
        Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Kerrygold butter- is this a brand name? Is it available in grocery stores ?

Comment

Thickly spread over a freshly toasted, thick slice of white bread... Haha, just kidding (but lordy I do miss that!)

My favourite ways to eat butter are: melted with some very thin slices of garlic tossed through and thrown over vegetables, mashed up with fresh herbs and celtic sea salt and refridgerated into little medallions, top a grilled rib-eye steak, chicken breast, lamb chop, etc. with a medallion just before serving.
            I also use it as an ingredient in my home-made larabars. If you keep them in the fridge it keeps them nice and firm.
            My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Eatmydust View Post
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/grass-fed-butter/

Kerrygold is the brand name and yes, it is available at grocery stores. Around here Kerrygold butters are with the gourmet cheeses and not with the other butters. Don't know why. Trader Joe's also carries Kerrygold butter.
              312/149/150

Comment

We get grass fed butter from a local dairy...yuuuuuuum. I love it in eggs or sauteed mushrooms. When in doubt, add butter.
                Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

I eat Kerrygold.

A lot.

Mostly I fry bacon in it, then make an omelette in same pan using extra Kerrygold and the bacon fat.

A lot.
                  The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
                  Blog
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eatmydust View Post
                    It's the biggest exporter in Ireland. It is of very high quality.

I'm not in the U.S., but as far as I can tell, butter from grass-fed animals has become so rare over there that people there who want that have to buy butter that's been shipped all the way across the Atlantic. Makes you think. Presumably there are some small farmers out in the sticks still churning out good quality butter, but evidently it's not widely available.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
                      I haven't yet tried putting it in my tea, like the Tibetans and Mongolians do.
                      I did that, but with regular butter that we make at the restaurant I work part-time at. My coworkers always think I'm looney but nobody says shit to you when you're actively losing weight... people are funny. I'm sure a big guy would catch tons of flack for it though.

Oh, it tasted pretty good! just makes your lips buttery, which to me was annoying...
                      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I love the Kerrygold cheeses. I've been known to layer them with thin slices of butter.

Comment

BBB. Beef, broccoli, and butter on the beef and broccoli.
                          Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

I'm really enjoying the Organic Valley pastured butter. It's only available a few months a year, so I bought a bunch and froze it.

I'm going to try that butter-in-tea idea. One day I want to experiment with dairy-free, and I know the milk-in-tea issue is going to be my biggest challenge. I've tried coconut milk etc, and I'd rather drink no tea than drink tea with alternative milk.
                            Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                            Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Maybe I don't understand the question - I mean, what is butter NOT good for? Primary uses are for cooking eggs & veggies in, but also: anything. Next time you make soup, try sticking a great glob of butter in there, and not telling anyone. You'll get compliments up the wazoo on the flavor. After all, "buttery" is an adjective which means rich and delicious.

Kerrygold is great, you can get domestic grassfed butter too. If forget the brand I've got at home now.
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Working...
                              X