Very bad fruit craving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very bad fruit craving

Hey folks, as some of you know I just came off a 22 hour fast. I had breakfast this morning at 7:30, then lunch about an hour ago at 11:30. Now I just got a really bad craving for fruits and I ate a whole mango (I started off by a little piece only) and a piece of a banana. What does this mean? Was that unhealthy/too much sugar? I never felt so good in my life lol

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

It may make you crave more. I would say, next time, TRY to force fat and protein down your gullet first and THEN see if you are still craving fruit.

Not that I am one to talk. I also ended one of my long fasts on fruit.

Comment

I wasn&#39;t planning to, but I&#39;m gonna go out for a HIIT session so I can at least make good use of the sugars. Now I don&#39;t know what I&#39;ll eat for the rest of the day since I already ruined it.

Comment

Nah. Never think of it as &#39;ruining&#39; it. Eat properly the rest of the day and do better tomorrow

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
        Current weight: 199
        Goal: 145

Comment

I still don&#39;t understand the rampant fruit-phobia that most of you have. As long as you&#39;re eating it after some protein and/or fat (to blunt the glycemic impact) and you&#39;re sticking within your daily carb limit, what&#39;s the problem?

To feel guilty for eating a mango is nuts!

Comment

Depends on goals, really. I know it sounds stupid to me when it comes out of my mouth, but if I have nothing but carbs for a meal (EVEN if it is in the form of fruit), it still creates an insulin response out of your body and you start to have good ol&#39; fashioned carb-cravings (it&#39;s a gateway drug, ha ha ha!).

Seriously though, I like to treat fruit like a &#39;treat&#39; or a dessert since high amounts of fat and protein are my body&#39;s utlimate fuel source. When I keep the fruit to a minimum, then I have more energy, I crave sweets/ carbs less and my exercise performance is superb! (Throw in maximized weight-loss and you have your answer!).

Comment

But I already qualified the fruit consumption by saying to ingest it AFTER a meal AND while sticking to your individual carb limit.

Personally, I have more energy when I eat fruit, and my workouts are better. (Plus, I&#39;m not trying to lose weight.)

Comment

Right. Then we agree.

I was basing his post on the fact that he came off of a long fast on &#39;purely&#39; fruit. But I think I was wrong now that I look at the OP again.

Comment

Raphael S.

Yesterday, was not a good day for me in regards to carbs, I had about 170 grams of carbs from pizza and cookies but that was yesterday and I am done with it. Today i already had a good breakfast. Our bodies are very complicated and trying to figure all these signals are beyond my scope. Enjoy the mango and keep being proud of what you are doing.

Comment

dragonmama: I think any degree of fruit-phobia in this crowd is due to the fructose, given the more recent research in terms of how it affects insulin. I know that if I eat any fruit again it&#39;ll be the lowest fructose content/glycemic load possible (just like any veggies I eat will be the ones with the least insoluble fiber).

Comment

I hope I can post this link by Tom Venuto (the Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle guy), in which he talks about the different between whole fruit and pure fructose:

p://www.burnthefatblog.com/archives/2008/10/the_final_word_on_fruit_fructo.php

Comment

Bah, that didn&#39;t work. Google "burn the fat final word on fruit fructose" and it&#39;s the first hit. You can either listen to it or read the transcript.

Comment

This is why I can&#39;t keep fruit in the house. I&#39;ll eat it, even if spread out over time. There goes the weight loss.....

BTW, passionfruit is relatively low sugar. It&#39;s not real sweet, which led me to look it up, and sure enough, not as much sugar. You can find it as a pulp in stores catering to Latinos. Maybe elsewhere.

Comment

You didn&#39;t eat cake or donuts or a big bowl of cereal. Worrying about a little fruit splurge on the odd occasion is really counterproductive. If you want fruit, eat it. If you&#39;re trying to lose weight and it&#39;s not going as quickly as you&#39;d like, make fruit one of the things you cut back on or change in your diet. This is supposed to be a stress-free, ongoing process of tweaking and refining. So enjoy and don&#39;t feel guilty!

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

SassaFrass88, I didn&#39;t end the fast with fruits. I ate breakfast (literally, break the fast) full of fats and protein, then for lunch I had a little salad with almonds and cottage cheese. Then the craving started. I must admit, it was pure mouth orgasm. Won&#39;t happen again though hehe. I just came home from the track where I did a 15 minute HIIT. It was a drag! I feel a little nauseous now but that&#39;s okay. My total carbs for the day is about 60 grams so far, by the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X