Cost Plus World Market 99% chocolate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost Plus World Market 99% chocolate

Score! Someone posted a few weeks ago about reviewing many of the very dark (100% or near it) chocolates on her personal blog. I looked for the post here but couldn't find it. Anyway, she recommended the Cost Plus 99% as a good everyday bar (just $2 for 3oz) and so I tracked it down today. It is quite good! I have tried Ghirardelli's 100% baking chocolate and there is no comparison; Cost Plus makes that bar seem inedible.

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/i...ductId=3624321

The World Market 99% really does give great bang for the buck.

And that might have been my chocolate livejournal:

http://lissbliss.livejournal.com/

Chocolate is the boss of me.

Comment

Yes that's where I saw it. Thanks!

Comment

I found the Cost Plus 99% a bit too much taste wise. I just could not eat it. Instead I've opted for the Trader Joes Organic 72% chocolate. It's still quite dark and organic which is a plus and also $2 a bar. Anything over 85% is just too much for me taste wise to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffC View Post
          I found the Cost Plus 99% a bit too much taste wise. I just could not eat it. Instead I've opted for the Trader Joes Organic 72% chocolate. It's still quite dark and organic which is a plus and also $2 a bar. Anything over 85% is just too much for me taste wise to deal with.
          Heheh, opposite for me: anything less than 85% cocoa starts tasting like I'm eating pure sugar. In fact even though I consider myself a chocoholic, there's a bar of 85% dark Lindt in the pantry that I can't bring myself to finish. I'll chip away at it from time to time when I'm desperate, grabbing a square when I'm all out of the 90% stuff. But I've probably gone through about 15 of the 90% bars in the time it's taken me to eat 1/2 the 85% bar.

To each his own!

Comment

Guess I'm somewhere in the middle now ... Have been enjoying Trader Joe's 85% "dark chocolate lover's" bar. I will be making a trip to Cost Plus very soon to try that 99% bar!
            My primal journal

Comment

Went out and bought 5 bars of the 99%, with a 10% off coupon. So that's only $1.79 per bar. What a deal! Had a taste--really good. Thanks for the tip
              Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
              Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

A bit intense for me. I've eaten 97% and even that's a stretch. I'm happy in the 85-90% range.
                I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big L View Post
                  Heheh, opposite for me: anything less than 85% cocoa starts tasting like I'm eating pure sugar. In fact even though I consider myself a chocoholic, there's a bar of 85% dark Lindt in the pantry that I can't bring myself to finish. I'll chip away at it from time to time when I'm desperate, grabbing a square when I'm all out of the 90% stuff. But I've probably gone through about 15 of the 90% bars in the time it's taken me to eat 1/2 the 85% bar.

To each his own!
                  There is a good range for me, between 72 and 85%. The stuff in the 50% range is way too sweet and for whatever reason there are not many bars in the 60% range so I usually go for the bars in the low 70s and mid 80s.

Comment

We can have CHOCOLATE!!!???

Comment

Originally posted by amzzzy View Post
                      We can have CHOCOLATE!!!???
                      Have you read the book? (Yes, there's a BOOK!)

Comment

I've yet to try anything darker than 85%, but I really want to.

They were out of 85% dark chocolate the last time I went shopping, so I grabbed a couple bars of 70-75% (can't remember exactly what it was). Way too sweet. It's going to take me forever to finish them.

Comment

I'll have to check this out! The other place that often has very good chocolate for a low price is Canned Food Outlet/Grocery Outlet. I just picked up several bars of the Lindt 70% Cocoa at $1.50 per 3.5 oz bar.

Comment

For those of you who hesitate to try the 85 plus range because it lacks the sweetness you're accustomed to, I suggest sampling Endangered Species Panther Bar. It's an 88%, but it's unusually sweet for that level. Scharffen Berger's 82% is also fairly sweet for the 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by liss View Post
                              For those of you who hesitate to try the 85 plus range because it lacks the sweetness you're accustomed to, I suggest sampling Endangered Species Panther Bar. It's an 88%, but it's unusually sweet for that level. Scharffen Berger's 82% is also fairly sweet for the 80's.
                              I did a taste test last night of the 85% Lindt and the 86% Ghirardelli Midnight Reverie. The Ghirardelli was slightly more palatable to me. It was sweeter but at this level of cocoa percent, that is a good thing as it gives some balance. I'll have to try out those other two as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X