Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me, or alcohol just not as tasty now that I have found PB 'religion'...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me, or alcohol just not as tasty now that I have found PB 'religion'...

Check this, the other day I poured a 1/2 full Anchor Steam beer down the drain!
    On another day, did the same with a 1/2 glass (shot) of single malt whisky (the good stuff too!)

Its weird, but since I have gotten 'religious' about leaning out and restricting carbs, these comfort 'foods' just seem so lacking!

Not saying I wont ever drink them again, but it just seems that the 'pleasure' of these is tempered by the knowledge of how I will feel afterward...

meh, saves money.. Especially on the scotch...
    RKC, AFAA PT
    ------------------------------------------------
    “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” -Jim Rohn

It's still my 20.

Comment

my 20 is chocolate...even the %85+ cacao
      RKC, AFAA PT
      ------------------------------------------------
      “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” -Jim Rohn

Comment

I wonder if eating grains and sugar somehow increases the desire for alcohol?

Comment

I know I have kind of lost my taste for wine, and I used to be a pretty big fan.

Comment

It's you
            Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
            Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
            Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Comment

I've certainly moved toward less and less sweet alcohol -- and I was a red wine and whiskey drinker before!

And, I too have been known to pour a shot, taste it, find it too...something, and put in in the freezer for later.
              Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

I've lost some of my desire for hard alcohol and for wine. But I had a pear cider yesterday and it was incredible, like it took me by surprise at how much I enjoyed it versus how in the past I would have just drank it to drink it. Now I'm wondering if I should chill another one for tonight or hoard the rest of the pack until I have a special reason to enjoy it.

Comment

I don't care much for alcohol anymore either. An occasional ULTRA light beer or a shot, but most things are just too overbearing now. And I hate the way I feel the next day- puffy and my skin gets tender. My skin would always get tender, almost bruised feeling especially around the kidneys, but now it takes only a couple drinks, instead of several.

Comment

It's just you

I've been drinking more and totally enjoying it. If I've drunk more than a glass of wine, I do hydrate with a lot of water and take some magnesium, calcium, potassium and a b complex with some fatty food (ie Fage or brisket) before heading to bed. It's been 100% effective at warding off hangovers.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

You'll have to prise my red wine from my cold dead hands.

Soon to open a bottle of 1989 Grange Hermitage to celebrate our eldest's 21st. Am so looking forward to it
                      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

I've become such a light-weight since going low carb that even the smallest amount of any booze gives me a buzz. I used to drink a healthy amount of Grand Marnier...haven't even tried it in over a year. I do remember that a night out drinking always involved eating a good amount of some kind of grain-heavy foods. Not going that route again. I do still drink an occasional little glass of local cranberry or blueberry wine. Very tasty. Then I take a nap.

p.s. I do not miss hangovers. At all.
                        312/149/150

Comment

I had a couple glasses of a friend's homemade mead... It was quite delicious, but the combined effect of alcohol and sugar absolutely DESTROYED me the next morning. Definately going to keep to vodka/gin etc. from now on.

Comment

I still like to have a beer every once in a while but I never was a big beer drinker. I still have wines from 1998 at home leaning down preserved in the dark in a cardboard box. I know the wines are still good, I opened one bottle last Christmas.

Comment

Giving up alcohol (and the calories I ate with it) was how I stumbled upon MDA. I knew it wouldn't be an issue because I did not drink that much to begin with, but there's that knee-jerk reaction of wanting what you can't have ... even if you're the person that says you can't have it.

I did have a cosmo last week. It was not as sweet as they usually are, having just a drop of cranberry juice and fresh lime istead of Rose's. It was good but it did not make me want more (and I doubt I will ever want it the traditional sweet way again).

Reading these posts is like a study of the homo sapien. Sometimes we share similar reactions; sometimes we're all over the board. It's very interesting and, more importantly, educational.

Comment

Working...
                              X