OMG! He coated the liver in flour.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! He coated the liver in flour.

My husband made dinner last night before I arrived home. It was a delicious meal of liver and onions. I had finished eating and was complimenting him on the liver. He said " I think the secret was the coating of flour and spices" I said "Oh, but I am not supposed to eat flour" "It was just a little" he said.

I think he thought I was overeacting. I literally felt as if I had eaten poison. LOL

I am up three pounds today.

Coincidence?
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I think he thought I was overeacting. I literally felt as if I had eaten poison. LOL
    Husband: 1, Pebbles67: 0

Coincidence?
    Yes.

Comment

He needs to be flogged with a wet noodle! He probably has those laying around somewhere too!

Seriously tho, as far as the 3 pounds, we can easily fluctuate that much in water.......BUT the last time I had something lightly breaded I was up the next day too, of course it could be the oils, the salts, or a combination of all.....or simply just the natural fluctuations of our body that we would have had if we had broccoli and steak
      Redflame
      Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
      Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
      Goal of Significant Weight Loss
      15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
        My husband made dinner last night before I arrived home. It was a delicious meal of liver and onions. I had finished eating and was complimenting him on the liver. He said " I think the secret was the coating of flour and spices" I said "Oh, but I am not supposed to eat flour" "It was just a little" he said.

Coincidence?

No, it's not a coincidence. A couple tablespoons of flour have been known to cause weight gains of up to 25 pounds in some individuals. Seek medical attention, your body is producing fat at such an accelerated rate your heart will clog and stop beating within the week.

Comment

Yeah I also believe that the weight change is completely unrelated. I just wanted to poke at my husband because he is somewhat bewildered by what I am doing. He is not willing to give up his grains...yet.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

I think you need to up the ante. Take some acting classes, and learn to choke and feign death at the dinner table.
            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

If it were me I would ask him to tell me when he is going to use wheat in a recipe. Then you can either a) Eat something else. or b) Ask him to not use wheat in your portion. c) Try and find a primal alternative, I'm sure coconut flour wouldve worked just fine as a substitute in this specific recipe for example. Your husband doesn't have to support you, but he shouldn't be sabotaging you either.

Comment

It might not be a coincidence. If I eat even a small amount of flour and grain I gain a lot of water overnight.

Comment

"It was just a little" he said
                  OMG, that reminds me of dinner at my parents' house one night, only it was chicken. I opted to pass on dinner and that was my mom's response- It's just a little! Total facepalm.

Comment

I'd respond to that by tossing out any flour that happened to still be in the house.
                    http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
                      No, it's not a coincidence. A couple tablespoons of flour have been known to cause weight gains of up to 25 pounds in some individuals. Seek medical attention, your body is producing fat at such an accelerated rate your heart will clog and stop beating within the week.
                      LOL..........a little to some people is death....sorta sounds like vegan speak.
                      Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

Comment

No one seemed to notice that the husband made liver and onions for dinner. There was a 95% primal meal waiting for her when she got home. That's support if you ask me. Who cares about a little flour? He's probably doing the best he knows how.

Comment

Originally posted by Chefgerry View Post
                          LOL..........a little to some people is death....sorta sounds like vegan speak.
                          I'm 99% sure Rivven was being facetious, and didn't mean this seriously.

But it is true that for some peeps a little flour will make their tissues swell with water for a day or two. It comes back down, not a biggie, but it can make a "weight" difference, though not a fat difference.
                          sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

Obviously the OP cares or she wouldn't have made a thread about it It might not be a big deal, but if dinner is a little tainted every other day it could have an impact. Sauces are also often an easy screwup, because storebought varieties are a mess of vegetable oils, sugar and additives, and un-primal folks who make it from scratch are going to be thickening with flour. I personally used to stress out once in a while at dinner before I moved away from my parents, and it really takes the enjoyment out of the meal imo.

Comment

As long as he knows you don't want it for next time. He still made you dinner, so appreciate that at least.

Comment

Working...
                              X