No announcement yet.

How much water do you drink?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I generally suggest active people drink 1/2 their body weight in pounds in fluid ounces of water every day. I weight 160 lbs. Using that formula I would be brinking 80 ounces of fluids per day. That's 5 quarts a day. That includes all coffee, tea and Juice one might consume.

Comment

I drink about 6-8 glasses of water a day plus 2-3 cups of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
        On a normal day (work day in the office, evening on the farm), I don't drink tons of water. I have 2 mugs of coffee in the morning, a mug or two of tea during the day, a Kleen Kanteen or so of water at work, and maybe another 8-16 oz of water throughout the evening, depending on weather and activity level.

I pretty much go on the drink-when-thirsty theory rather than intentionally swilling as much water as possible.
        Ditto.

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonbully View Post
          Due to the season all I drink latley is apple cider or my usualy crystal light. Yea I know it has crap in it, It's poison, I'm going to hell etc etc, but It's sterile and I like the taste.

Probably a gallon of liquids a day.
          So long as you know... *whistle*

Comment

I usually drink a large glass in the morning and evening with a full sigg bottle at work.

Comment

I don't know, but since I got gout a month ago, I've been making damn sure to stay hydrated, so I can avoid a repeat of that.

Comment

I have around 1l of plain tap water plus 3 mugs of tea and what ever is in my food. Used to drink more but think I was over hydrating. I think your urine is supposed to be light straw colour?

Comment

I guess I'm the camel in the group; I rarely drink water. I grab a 19-oz bottle of water in the morning, and occasionally I'll need a 2nd one by the end of the day.

I have two daily mugs of coffee and one of tea. I also eat lots of high fluid veggies and fruit, like cucumbers and apples.

Urine is light yellow and I sweat profusely. I'm one of the few boot-campers who never gets nauseous during class. Everyone else is busy guzzling water in between every change of exercises, and I think that's the reason everyone feels like puking. Last thing I want during a workout is a bunch of water sloshing around my guts.

I also gained some time in last week's 5K when we hit the water station at the half-way mark, when everyone else stopped to gulp water and I just passed it by.

Comment

I fill up my 1182ml KleenKanteen with water about 3 times a day at work and drain it, and drink the occasional cup of tea. I drink water sporadically all night at home.

I worry that I might be drinking too much, and was actually wondering if the PB would address this (still at the beginning of the book). Interesting to see that some people here have cut back after being on primal. I think my body might be too dependent on water, as I tend to feel thirsty throughout the day.

Comment

Originally posted by barryman9000 View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that eating Primal, we get more water in our food than if we ate high carb foods - which tend to have less water.
                      If I remember my biochem class correctly, carbs (or more precisely, di and poly-saccharides) also require more water to be broken down than fats or proteins do.
                      My Journal

Comment

I have 2 cups of coffee throughout the day some days just one cup and water I drink when I am thirsty, usally at a meal, I have no idea how much I actually get in though.
                        ~*Lori*~
                        my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
                        my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
                        CW 192

Comment

Originally posted by PeteTheMeat View Post

I worry that I might be drinking too much, and was actually wondering if the PB would address this (still at the beginning of the book). Interesting to see that some people here have cut back after being on primal. I think my body might be too dependent on water, as I tend to feel thirsty throughout the day.
                          the book does address this, but hardly at all. toward the end of the book mark shows his food and drink consumption for a few days worth of time. i noticed that he is drinking a lot less water than i originally thought was necessary (which made me start this thread), as little as a couple of water bottles just to keep his throat lubricated for talking.
                          i've dropped down to way below a half gallon some days, and the urine color test shows that i'm just as hydrated as any other day.
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I dont drink a lot at all, I would probably have one 250/300ml glass of water at work, sometimes 2 or 3 on a good day. Most of the time I drink tea, thats usually about 4 or 5 cups a day. My urine is always dark but frankly I think that's probably just the toxins from tea being excreted??.

I often have a wine or two in the evening and follow up with a glass of water before bed..

Comment

I'm not actually sure how much I drink throughout the day anymore. I fill up a 2 liter bottle in the morning and down that throughout the day, so approx. 2 liters. When my diet consisted of grains/legumes and minimal fat or animal protein, I could drink over a gallon every day with ease and still be thirsty.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Babe View Post
                                Ditto.
                                Thirded. I will say that pre-primal, I drank a ton more water, and I was always parched. These days, I'm rarely thirsty for plain water.

I have a feeling the answer is related to this somehow. In the 4th paragraph it talks about rats devoid of essential fatty acids literally could not stay hydrated, even after consuming massive quantities of water compared to rats who were given healthy fats and drank less water. Interesting stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X