First IF Today...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First IF Today...

After two days of heavy, albeit strictly Primal feasting (involving a roast duck on Friday, and unlimited Dungeness at a crab boil yesterday)...

Grokette is doing an IF. My last food was 8:00 pm yesterday, so that puts me about 13 hours in.

My stomach is growling now, and I was thinking about some green tea. Any words of wisdom here? I don't want to mess this up.

Also Maba and Sofia... my knee is starting to feel better. Thanks for the support :-D

Glad to know your knees are better! See, PB makes the healing process quicker too.

@IF, hang in there. My first long IF was 16 hours, if I can do it, you sure can Kuno! Keep us posted.

Comment

Thanks, Maba!

Will do.

Comment

How long are you fasting for? Go until lunchtime and you've already done a perfectly fine IF. It's a really difficult thing to "mess up." I don't think green tea would be a problem, but personally I would stick with water.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I really wanted to do 24 hrs, and maybe have a light dinner salad with some protein about 8 pm.

Guess if I start feeling bad, I can stop the IF early without feeling too bad, but right now I'm just at the growling tummy stage. This is doable.

Thanks for the support, Primalchild!

Comment

+++ vibes sent your way! It is sorta neat to accomplish a good long IF, but they need to be reasonable. Take your mind off FOOD, take a cold shower, brush your teeth (no-sweetened toothpaste!), wash your face, go for a short walk, do 10 push ups, some little change up to get your body to disconnect from your brain about the food you likely don't really want/need.

But that said, there is no "failed" IF as long as you keep the nutrition Primal as laid out in Sisson's book and here on the website! Good job!

Comment

I just went 15 hours, my first IF.

Not pleasant, hunger, light headedness, SO glad to see 1PM roll around. Keeping physically busy helped, but no panacea.

Comment

I'm gonna do 24 hours IF today too. It was completely unplanned though. I'm in a bad mood and I'm staying home all day so I decided there's no point in eating lol. I need to save food anyways. Is coffee allowed? How about some weight training? Or should I just rest?

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

My longest IF to date is 20 hours last week. Although I wasn&#39;t particularly hungry, my mind was preoccupied with food and kept looking at the clock every now and then. The minute it turned 20 hours, I attacked some dehydrated coconut pieces. Then went home and cooked and ate dinner 2 hours later.

@Acmebike, I&#39;m going to try and follow your tips the next time I go on a long IF. More than the hunger itself, it was the constant thought of food that made me break the fast.

Comment

maba, I laughed out loud!

Comment

It&#39;s coming up on 19 hours, now, and I am still pretty okay :-D

Just got back from a two-hour walk in the sunshine, with many hills. It was an urban walk, but still good to get out (I went downtown to watch the funny tourists). Interestingly, when I walked by the hotdog/pretzel cart, rather than tempting me, the smell actually kinda grossed me out a little, and so did the crowd of grossly unhealthy people waiting to get their "fix". Bleah.

So I walked down to the waterfront and watched the seagulls.

Thanks to you all for the support and great energy!

Comment

Mine has been 8 hours so far and I&#39;m dizzy, how about you?

Comment

Raphael,

I&#39;m feeling okay, but that might be due to the fact I ate big Friday and Saturday. What was the last thing you had to eat before your fast?

Don&#39;t make yourself too miserable, Bro :-(

Comment

I went to a restaurant and had four little lamb chops for a ridiculous price (never again) and some stuff from a salad bar: mushrooms, little tomatoes, carrots, string beans and cheese. The cheese was the BEST thing ever, but my mom started complaining that I was eating a lot so I stopped. Now I&#39;m really craving the food from yesterday, which is why I&#39;m in a bad mood lol

I think I already got over the worse part. I go look in the fridge every now and then and I don&#39;t get hungry at all. I think it&#39;s somewhat how you felt when you smelled the hotdog. I think I&#39;ll make it! hehe

Comment

You rock, Raphael.

In Falconry, btw, they don&#39;t say the birds are hungry...instead they say, "Sharp-Set". So you could say I am quite sharp-set right now; but nothing bad about it other than a noisy tummy.

I refuse to go look in the fridge right now, but I am planning what I&#39;m going to have when I hit the 24-hour mark. Bet whatever we have will be the best food ever :-D

Comment

Working...
                              X