Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For you coffee lovers out there in MDA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For you coffee lovers out there in MDA

    If caffeine is something that you try to avoid, you may not drink coffee. Decaf, atleast in my opinion, is horrible due to the chemical process that they use with fameldihide, which gives the coffee that horrid taste. There is a company that uses a water-treated decaf process that is chemical free and the decaf, without chemicals, tastes exactly like regular coffee. There's a variety of flavors and I'd thought I'd post the link to where you can buy some, if you want to give it a try. I personally love it. It can be kind of pricy, however, but if you only indulge once in a while, it's worth it.

    http://www.swisswater.com/

  • #2
    Originally posted by afsjesse View Post
    If caffeine is something that you try to avoid, you may not drink coffee. Decaf, atleast in my opinion, is horrible due to the chemical process that they use with fameldihide, which gives the coffee that horrid taste. There is a company that uses a water-treated decaf process that is chemical free and the decaf, without chemicals, tastes exactly like regular coffee. There's a variety of flavors and I'd thought I'd post the link to where you can buy some, if you want to give it a try. I personally love it. It can be kind of pricy, however, but if you only indulge once in a while, it's worth it.

    http://www.swisswater.com/

    They should rename their website to pisswater.com because without the caffeine, coffee blows.

    Comment


    • #3
      Can't even notice the difference. Some drink coffee just because they like it. But I do agree with you, I enjoy the occassional caffeine buzz.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by afsjesse View Post
        Can't even notice the difference. Some drink coffee just because they like it. But I do agree with you, I enjoy the occassional caffeine buzz.
        True. I am a coffee purist... somewhere in my post history I posted quite a few times in an anti-coffee thread. I have tried just about every brewing method ever conceived and order coffees from all over the world.

        Therefore, take my previous post with a grain of salt good sir.

        Comment


        • #5
          Most coffee is decaffeniated with carbon dioxide.

          Comment


          • #6
            Haha, it's all in good jest! I'm just throwing this post out there in general interest to other readers, like me.

            Comment


            • #7
              cool thanks for the tip, I was just looking for such a thing today. I actually stumbled upon something called http://www.teeccino.com/ as well. Never tried it, but plan on at some point

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
                They should rename their website to pisswater.com because without the caffeine, coffee blows.
                I do believe I have a crush on your attitude!

                asfjesse: I agree with staying away from the traditional decaf coffee, not healthy in my opinion. Two months into PB and I find my 2 pot a day habit is now down to half a pot and I had no intention of giving it up. I also quit using cream unless I felt I needed the added fat in my daily intake. It tastes great black to me now.

                I feel I am somewhat of a purist, I love mine french pressed, second choice is an 16 ounce Americana, 6 shots.
                Redflame
                Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
                Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
                Goal of Significant Weight Loss
                15 pounds down! with more to go!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
                  True. I am a coffee purist... somewhere in my post history I posted quite a few times in an anti-coffee thread. I have tried just about every brewing method ever conceived and order coffees from all over the world.

                  Therefore, take my previous post with a grain of salt good sir.
                  I to am a coffee lover. One day I want to try Kopi Luwak. It is supposed to be one of the best coffee's as well as real damn expensive(about $50 a cup). It comes from Indonesia. It is were a coffee cherry is eaten by a Luwak(or Palm Civet) and the beans are collected after they have been crapped out. I guess they just dust them off and roast them. Just want to say I tried it one day.
                  My blog: My Primal Adventure

                  "I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Exactly! What a scam for pushing tons of sugar, chemicals and dairy products.....all to cover up the taste of the original product!
                    Redflame
                    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
                    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
                    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
                    15 pounds down! with more to go!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X