Uh, Fiber?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh, Fiber?

What are some "primal" ways to get the needed fiber each day? I think I need more fiber because I'm having a harder time going to the restroom, probably from all the protein I'm having ...?

(by the way, i drink a A LOT of water already)
    Last edited by echoyjeff222; 10-06-2010, 03:29 PM.
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

Are you not eating lots of veggies? I eat lots of fruits & veggies and don't have problems... stick to the more cruciferous veggies such as kale, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, etc... and you should be fine!

Comment

Fiber is not necessary, eat more fat.
      Remember, you are unique just like everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by echoyjeff222 View Post
        I'm having a harder time going to the restroom
        Restroom infrequency is not necessarily bad or abnormal. Eating meat and fat just has very little 'waste'. Are you actually experiencing constipation, or are you just pooping less?

Comment

Uh I eat veggies everyday as well.

Ahah, this is kind of disgusting but it's like I'm pooping out little pellets. It's kind of disturbing because it's never happened before. :P

Comment

yeah sounds like you need lots more fat. helped my pellet poopies. now i have nice uniform smooth turdlets.

Comment

ehh ... i was fine before though without much fat before i started this diet haha.

Comment

Eat more fat.
                - If it was cute and cuddly at some point, eat it. Ignore everything else. -

- Food is first, and foremost, nothing more than fuel. -

- The body is animal. The mind, however, is not. -

Comment

I'm getting a whole bunch of answers with no explanations here ....

Comment

If you search for either constipation OR poop in the forums, there have been lots of threads and explanations on it. One of them just today, several last week. It's definitely a common problem initially.
                    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Originally posted by echoyjeff222 View Post
                      What are some "primal" ways to get the needed fiber each day? I think I need more fiber because I'm having a harder time going to the restroom, probably from all the protein I'm having ...?

(by the way, i drink a A LOT of water already)
                      As outlined in the book, this is a produce dominated diet - by volume, most of what Mark recommends is produce. Because I don't eat much organ meat, I do tend to focus on produce to meet potassium needs and by default, this supplies much fiber.

Saturated fat, as mentioned previously, can be very laxative. I *really* have to watch it with the coconut milk. More than 1/2 c at one time and I need to stay close to the bathroom.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

hmmm ok ...

is coconut milk dairy? because whenever I have milk i tend to break out. If it's eggs or cheese and stuff I'm fine though.

Comment

Coconut milk comes from a coconut. No cow involved.
                          Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                          Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

can i find it at normal stores? (supermarket?) i found almond milk there already.

&& should i buy the canned kind? (are those good?)
                            Last edited by echoyjeff222; 10-06-2010, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Normal stores often have coconut milk in the Indian section, next to the Mexican section.

Google "the fiber menace" and then check out the corresponding website!

I find that I need lots of natural fats to stay comfy. When I travel, I always bring butter with me, lol. For me, it ain't about fiber, or even veggies, at all, although I do eat lots of veggies.
                              5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                              Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                              Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                              Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                              ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Working...
                              X