Monsanto Stock Down 41 Percent!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsanto Stock Down 41 Percent!

This is bitter sweet, but I know this will make a lot of people very happy, so here ya go:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/05/bu...5monsanto.html
    sigpic
    In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Why bitter sweet? Sounds totally sweet to me.

Comment

I wonder if they hold the patent for sour grapes

Comment

Because it's the lesser of two evils. I'd rather see a company with that much political, economical and technological influence change the world for the better than fail. Not to mention there are plenty of employees who don't know or don't understand what GMOs do to the body. Or that just need to support the fam.

A business failure is never really good, even with a company like Monsanto.
        sigpic
        In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

Too bad they've set up dummy corporations to short their own stock. So they're making money off their stock going down.

*disclaimer* I made this up.

Comment

sweet. sweet. sweet. i just hope it stays true...
            Home birthing legal mama. Unschooler. Jewish Intactivist (step away from the foreskin!). Full-term breastfeeder. Kettlebell padawan.

Comment

Originally posted by chronyx View Post
              i wonder if they hold the patent for sour grapes
              rofl
              Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Originally posted by EGYnutrition View Post
                Because it's the lesser of two evils. I'd rather see a company with that much political, economical and technological influence change the world for the better than fail. Not to mention there are plenty of employees who don't know or don't understand what GMOs do to the body. Or that just need to support the fam.

A business failure is never really good, even with a company like Monsanto.
                The lesser of two evils is for the evil gits to fail totally. And I hope they do - this is the best news I've heard for AGES!!!

Comment

Of course...with all their political pull, we can soon expect some new or revised legislation to help bail them out - or support them - or subsidize something to support them further.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip City View Post
                    Of course...with all their political pull, we can soon expect some new or revised legislation to help bail them out - or support them - or subsidize something to support them further.
                    Yea, as soon as the free market is about to work, the lobbyists and the federal government usually gets involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Grok View Post
                      Yea, as soon as the free market is about to work, the lobbyists and the federal government usually gets involved.
                      Either that or they'll pull a name-change attempt like the Corn Refiners Association...

Hopefully the whole government thing gets fixed in a month (meaning a little progress). And by progress I mean Harry Reid needs to get kicked out for starters
                      sigpic

Comment

And by progress I mean Harry Reid needs to get kicked out for starters
                        I can help make that happen since I live in Nevada.

Comment

Originally posted by Grok View Post
                          I can help make that happen since I live in Nevada.
                          Haha not to start a political argument, but I really hope Nevada kicks him out this time around. That guy pushes way too many health freedom restriction bills onto the floor.
                          sigpic

Comment

Haha not to start a political argument, but I really hope Nevada kicks him out this time around. That guy pushes way too many health freedom restriction bills onto the floor.
                            Latest polls show Sharon Angle with a 5pt lead.

Comment

That's what I like to hear! I'm all about the small-gov/liberty politicians!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X