When you guys say "eat more fat ..."

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you guys say "eat more fat ..."

What kind of foods do you guys mean by this? I'm eating nuts and avacados quite a bit, but what else do you classify as "fat"?
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

Not sure about others, but I eat more red meat (ground beef, steak), and I use EVOO on salads, coconut oil to cook my eggs, eggs themselves are loaded with juicy fat content. It's interesting to tweak the PB to see what works for YOU. Not like others that are a one size fits all.

Comment

same as above. plus bacon.
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Yup, me too. I also drink whipping cream in my coffee and eat cheese in moderation (full fat), although I know some eshew dairy.
        My journal

Comment

+1 to all of the above.

I also would like to add fat. Literally. I go to the supermarket and ask for all the fat they were going to throw out anyway. Chop it up in little pieces and throw it in to some scrambles eggs or with some ground beef. Delicious.
          - If it was cute and cuddly at some point, eat it. Ignore everything else. -

- Food is first, and foremost, nothing more than fuel. -

- The body is animal. The mind, however, is not. -

Comment

I eat some avocado (not a lot - they are quite expensive here in the UK - and hard to find ready to eat!), some cream, some butter - but fry anything and everything in either pork or beef fat which I render down from grass fed free range fat. Yummy!

Comment

butter, fattier cuts of grass fed beef, coconut oil and EVOO
              Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

I add extra oil to my salads, put butter on damn near everything and eat more nuts and avocados.
                Sassy: Revised - my primal log

Comment

Eating bird pieces (chicken or turkey usually for me) with skin on instead of skinless, fattier cuts of beef and pork, coconut milk, heavy cream, use more fat when cooking veggies (butter, bacon grease, rendered lard or tallow, duck fat, etc).
                  "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

I eat alot of eggs, around a dozen a week (all crammed into a weekend, usually), when we have avocados i peel those and eat 'em plain, chorizo in my eggs, full fat yogurt, canned salmon, if i'm really hungry at night i'll down a glass or two of half and half.

edit: I know the half and half thing sounds disgusting, but I do like it better than, say, straight up olive oil or butter. And actually, it's really refreshing after a run or something.
                    Last edited by jasonph; 10-04-2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

i cook in lots of pig lard, boar fat, butter, coconut oil and lick the plate clean.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasonph View Post
                        I eat alot of eggs, around a dozen a week (all crammed into a weekend, usually), when we have avocados i peel those and eat 'em plain, chorizo in my eggs, full fat yogurt, canned salmon, [B]if i'm really hungry at night i'll down a glass or two of half and half.

edit: I know the half and half thing sounds disgusting, but I do like it better than, say, straight up olive oil or butter. And actually, it's really refreshing after a run or something.
                        Could be great with a primal cookie or two!
                        Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by jasonph View Post
                          I eat alot of eggs, around a dozen a week (all crammed into a weekend, usually), when we have avocados i peel those and eat 'em plain, chorizo in my eggs, full fat yogurt, canned salmon, if i'm really hungry at night i'll down a glass or two of half and half.

I've always loved half and half, even as kid. When I got money, I'd buy half and half to drink. My dad used to flip, he thought I was killing myself!

In addition to all the other great fat sources above, I'm in love with green olives.

Comment

Yup! Olives, love the ones stuffed with garlic or japeleno
                            Avacados, salmon, sardines, butter, coconut milk, cream, coconut oil, eggs, fatty cuts of meat, chicken skin, and nuts--but for me not too many

Comment

Originally posted by mayness View Post
                              Eating bird pieces (chicken or turkey usually for me) with skin on instead of skinless, fattier cuts of beef and pork, coconut milk, heavy cream, use more fat when cooking veggies (butter, bacon grease, rendered lard or tallow, duck fat, etc).
                              oh how could I forget to list coconut milk. Yuuuuuum.
                              Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Working...
                              X