Vegetables left out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegetables left out

I left some cooked green beans out on the counter when I went to work this morning. Will they be safe to eat when I get home? I can't think of why a vegetable would go back really but I've seen a couple places online say not to eat though, though no reason why. Does anyone know why this would be bad?

They'll be fine. They won't go bad in a day.

Comment

I hardboil a dozen eggs at a time and leave them in a bowl on the counter because I hate cold eggs. They can sit like that on the counter for days and days in the middle of summer and if they have never gone bad, neither will your vegetables. North Americans are generally paranoid about food going bad - when we had that blackout in 2003 my mom's friend threw out the still-frozen meat in her freezer because the freezer had lost power for a few hours. WTF?

Comment

They'll probably be fine. Maybe if you've got an important event tomorrow (like your wedding or a licensing exam or something) I'd skip it, but otherwise, if they look good and smell good they're probably still good. =]
        "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by unchatenfrance View Post
          I hardboil a dozen eggs at a time and leave them in a bowl on the counter because I hate cold eggs. They can sit like that on the counter for days and days in the middle of summer and if they have never gone bad, neither will your vegetables. North Americans are generally paranoid about food going bad - when we had that blackout in 2003 my mom's friend threw out the still-frozen meat in her freezer because the freezer had lost power for a few hours. WTF?
          HAHAHAHAH

My gf is pretty neurotic about shit like that, she would NEVER eat an egg that's been sitting out for even a day. Honestly though, I'm surprised they don't go bad...
          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

eat them. give them the sniff test if you're nervous.
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Were they covered?
              I highly doubt they'd be bad, but it depends if critters have had access - flies, spiders *eeeek!!*, little nibblers..... (not saying your house is crawling, but it's the only aspect that would bug me. "Bug" me! Geddit? Sorry......)

Comment

Working...
              X