HELP: Non or low egg recipes that are filling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: Non or low egg recipes that are filling

My local farms chickens didn't lay enough eggs this week and I really don't want to hit the store and get factory eggs. My twins are 13 and at this point are bottomless pits. We usually go through 6 dozen eggs a week and this week we only have 2 dozen eggs. Do you have any FILLING non egg or low egg breakfast ideas? Yogurt and fruit just isn't enough, they'd eat a gallon each and come back for more.

Factory farmed eggs aren't exactly poisonous. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good. Buy the eggs.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
      Factory farmed eggs aren't exactly poisonous. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good. Buy the eggs.
      Ditto. Also, my local store carries 30% sour cream by a local dairy, so no frankengredients in it, just cream and bacterial culture. I could just eat a tub of that on its own, it is so gorgeous. Maybe get some of that?

Comment

Originally posted by quotidianlight View Post
        My local farms chickens didn't lay enough eggs this week
        Keep in mind that due to the time of year, the chickens will probably be consistently laying a lot less and eventually not at all unless they are getting supplemental light.

What about meat?

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
          Keep in mind that due to the time of year, the chickens will probably be consistently laying a lot less and eventually not at all unless they are getting supplemental light.

What about meat?
          Exactly, eggs are going to be fewer, from farther and more expensive soon. I'm trying to think of meat based breakfasts and some ideas with butters etc but I don't really eat that much in the am so I'm drawing a blank. I give the kids a half pound hamburger each and my son says, "still hungry""

Comment

I understand but factory eggs taste nasty at this point and getting to whole foods for free range eggs weekly without a car is difficult. (I get most of my food through CSA's since I don't have a car) So I'd like to use fewer eggs in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by unchatenfrance View Post
              Ditto. Also, my local store carries 30% sour cream by a local dairy, so no frankengredients in it, just cream and bacterial culture. I could just eat a tub of that on its own, it is so gorgeous. Maybe get some of that?
              Thank you, that sounds like something i could make for a good price too. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by quotidianlight View Post
                I'm trying to think of meat based breakfasts and some ideas with butters etc but I don't really eat that much in the am so I'm drawing a blank. I give the kids a half pound hamburger each and my son says, "still hungry""
                I'd add in some starches....potato, sweet potato, winter squash.

Also, I don't think about 'breakfast' food. My breakfast looks just like lunch or dinner. In fact it often is leftovers from dinner.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Working...
                X