My sloppy version still works

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sloppy version still works

I'll never get the primal gold star for my current eating habits but I would say that 95% of the time breakfast is true primal. Lunch is maybe 60% of the time true primal and dinners fall at 40% of the time. It all still means I've cut out allot of carbs.
    I started this sloppy primal eating about 8 months ago and have lost 15 pounds and my blood pressure has gone from 140/92 to 128/84.
    Even a messed up version of primal eating still works if you keep at it and don't freak out over every little detail.

Agree.

Comment

Werd.
      Started my journey on May 22, 2010:

Beginning weight ~180
      Current weight ~145

Nov. 9, 2009........Nov. 9, 2010.....Jun. 17, 2011
      LDL 155...............LDL 176............LDL 139
      HDL 39................HDL 66..............HDL 95
      TGL 154..............TGL 77..............TGL 49

Comment

Amen.
        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

True

Comment

I'm going to tell someone I love what you said. I think it might help inspire. Good to hear it still works.

Comment

Heretic!

Witch!

Monster!

I bet you eat legumes! You probably eat chocolate that's less than 90 percent!!

Grab the pitchforks, light the fire, unleash the hounds!

(not that i think avoiding legumes and loving super-dark chocolate is wrong... but ya'll know what i'm talking about...)

Comment

that is awesome. I'm intensely jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                  I'm going to tell someone I love what you said.
                  And I'm going to tell someone I love what you said.
                  Started my journey on May 22, 2010:

Beginning weight ~180
                  Current weight ~145

Nov. 9, 2009........Nov. 9, 2010.....Jun. 17, 2011
                  LDL 155...............LDL 176............LDL 139
                  HDL 39................HDL 66..............HDL 95
                  TGL 154..............TGL 77..............TGL 49

Comment

Originally posted by gottaluvalab View Post
                    Heretic!

Witch!

Monster!

I bet you eat legumes! You probably eat chocolate that's less than 90 percent!!

Grab the pitchforks, light the fire, unleash the hounds!
                    Guilty as charged. Not only have I eaten 70% chocolate but right by my key board is my sloppy primal coffee. It has 1/8 of a cup heavy whipping cream in it AND....
                    1 well rounded 1/2 teaspoon of........................................SUGAR!

Gotta go, I hear hounds off in the distance. And what is that strange glow..

Comment

Yeah! I have been mostly primal for a couple months and the changes have been miraculous. I don't say I am doing or on primal because I have no intention of calling the following "cheats." They are what I do, intentionally.

I have rice, potatoes or corn every day. (A couple of servings.) I eat lots of legumes. I stay up too late every night. I do not eat sugar though. Instead, I have a bit of artificial sweetener every day.
                      Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

I totally agree. I think there is a big lesson to be learned here. That lesson being that the SAD is WAY over processed and WAY to dependant on grains.
                        I am pretty sloppy as well by some standards. I have cut out grains, cut fast food and processed foods, and dont eat sweets (didnt do much of that before)
                        I still eat things that arent "primal" I use sauces that have sugar and some grains in it (oyster sauce). I will occasionally snack on potato chips etc. I think we can really derail ourselves if we overly obsess. If we just follow it for the most part and be patient our bodies do change. I have dropped about 4 pants sizes in the last 4 months and I was not very overweight to begin with.

Comment

I'm all for the sloppy version over no version at all, so congrats!

That said, it has been my experience that more compliance -> more benefits. I started out pretty sloppy, just learning really, and some would say I'm still "sloppy" - but really there is less and less of it as time goes on just because it feels better if I don't stray too far.
                          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Yep. I have no desire to be perfect. I started out like that, fell off pretty quickly.
                            So now, I've cut out grains, cut out processed sugar, i'm working on being totally honest with myself on whether or not a special occasion is really special enough to make myself feel terrible the next morning.
                            And if my mom makes something with beans or potatoes in it, no big deal.

Comment

I am pretty sloppy with it a lot of times too. Especially this past summer when we were moving and in and out of hotels, it was very difficult to be perfect. It is so true that even being partially primal is WAY better than eating the SAD all the time.

I have noticed though that as time goes by I am becoming more primal without trouble.
                              Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Working...
                              X