Primal Body - Primal Mind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Body - Primal Mind

Has anyone read this book? If so, your thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/Primal-Body-Pr...m_03_03_t_lht5

Very interesting book. She pretty much says what you need is moderate protein and fat to satisfy the appetite. She's not a big carb fan at all from what I remember. Maybe I'm wrong. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Great read, highly recommend, great addition to the library.
      You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

She is one smart lady. I listen to all her podcasts. They're right up there with the best of them like Robb Wolf and Jimmy Moore.

She advocates basically the same things. High (good quality) fat + enough protein + low carb + short intense exercise + enough sleep + low stress...

Check out her podcasts:

http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/prim...io/id385416862

Comment

Just finished it last week.
          Great read.

Comment

I have read her blog. Some great research, no doubt about it. I wonder why she isn't mentioned more in the primal/paleo community? Lady Groks can be just as awesome. She is like a chick version of Mark.
            Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Reading Amazon reviews, most glowing, some slam it as being very sloppy. I haven't read it.
              Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Her book was the first time I'd heard of benfotiamine, or the ways of leptin and the TOR pathway. The detail got me down some, but I think I'm ready for a second read.

Comment

It's on my Wish List! Here's another thread that has some interesting info and comments:
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...14-Nora-s-Book
                  312/149/150

Comment

I think the author did a good job...well worth the time to read.

Comment

Well, based on the recommendations of those who know much more about PB than I do, I'm going to get this.

There is so much great nutritional (and other) information on this site, and I am personally very grateful to those many knowlegeable people willing to share it. It makes the transition from CW to PB so much easier.

Comment

I'm w/ PDL--its a hefty read, and I've read it twice, and feel like I'm still just starting to *get* it. If I were going to recommend reading my fave primal/paleo books in order from most clear/simplified to most complex, I'd say start w/ the PB, then read Robb Wolf's new book, then Primal Body--Primal Mind.

I def. recommend it, but I got confused first reading it (read it pre-PB) a/b macros. Her opinion is that keeping fat really high and keeping protein moderate/low and VLC is helpful in the same manner that caloric restriction/fasting seems to be. BUT, I don't think those macros are *necessary* for folks doing IF regularly (personally.) Realizing more about what she was talking about (only after months and months of reading paleo/primal blogs and resources etc) made it a much more helpful read for me. I also really like her basic supp recommendations. At first I thought it was overkill, but now I am in agreement w/ much of her basic recs in the end of the book.

Definitely a worthwhile read IMO. Just plan to read it more than once.
                        My Before/After Pics
                        Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Working...
                        X