good teeth without brushing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good teeth without brushing?

I was just talking with my mum and sister and they were talking about twilight, vampires and teeth.................

Anyways, as we were talking about teeth my mum mentions how I have "beautiful" teeth, right then and there I said - "I never brush my teeth"
    Needless to say they were shocked.

Do we really need to brush our teeth?
    I drink minted green tea and other kinds of green tea all day. Aswell as eating pretty good aswell. Do you think that with a good diet (ie, primal) and some good herbal teas we really dont need to brush our teeth?

Im 16 - I have better teeth then some kids who do brush their teeth...weird ha

Discuss

That's a good question - Does my dog brush his teeth? NO and his teeth are fine but then again... we're not dogs but I guess if you eat right and dont destroy your teeth with acids (sugars, fruit juices) then you may be okay but I'm no dentist
    I actually help people look good naked. Seriously, I do this for a living and have fun doing it! Don't believe me? See the people I've helped for free

Comment

I guess beacuse your teeth isnt in contact with sugar and other nasties they arnt going to be as bad as other peoples who are exposed to the stuff...

plus they would get stronger from chomping into lean meats and hard veggies..but i would still brush my teeth to keep my gums etc clean cause food still gets stuck in there!

I think some people on here use baking soda to clean their teeth ? never tried it though.

Comment

i stopped brushing my teeth because of the flouride and couldn't find any non flouride tooth paste. I have a mint flavoured floss which I will use.

How does one brush their teeth with baking soda?

Comment

Get yourself some OraMD and brush with that. Alternatively use coconut oil. I user interdental sticks instead of floss, and haven't had a cavity in years.

Comment

I read some time ago about a family whose boat sank and they were adrift in the seas for weeks. They did catch fish.. and some rain water. One comment the author made was how clean their teeth felt, even though they hadn't cleaned their teeth for weeks. All they ate was raw fish. Their teeth came out best out of the ordeal.. very interesting.

Comment

You just sprinkle some baking soda on your brush and wet it a little. Personally I've been brushing without any paste... most of the time; my girlfriend insists that I use some type of paste, so I use Burt's Bees Peppermint which comes in a flouride free variety.

My main gripe with most pastes is that they just taste too darn sweet/funny/like artificial sweetener. The Burt's Bees is somewhat sweet, but not as bad as most. I also got some from Trader Joe's that is pretty good. I read a study that found that brushing without paste resulted in cleaner theeth than using paste; I'll try to dig it up.

I wouldn't use baking soda every day. I think it's too abrasive.

Comment

Eh, I just brush with water. Serves the same purpose.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

hmm I like the idea of brushing with water!!! and maybe every now and then, say once a week or month ill use baking soda + some minted floss, sounds good.

Comment

My first cavities showed up two years after I'd gone to university and started living on chocolate biscuits (and cleaning my teeth). In my teens I used to get compliments from the orthodontist on how well I looked after my teeth - when I never cleaned them at all. I'd guess that if you're blessed with good teeth in the first place, what you eat is the most important thing by far.

By the way, for those who do have cavities, have you seen this?
                    http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.co...oth-decay.html

Comment

brilliant.

it won't help my three broken teeth though (all broken through GRAINS!) which will need crowns. but good to know the d3 and the no grains will potentially reverse any cavity damage

: - )

i don't want any more root canals!
                      Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
                      **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Comment

Not an experiment I'm willing to try.

Plus, people tend to avoid you when you smile at them with spinach stuck between your teeth.

Comment

i meant this...

By the way, for those who do have cavities, have you seen this?
                          http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.co...oth-decay.html
                          Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
                          **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Comment

Originally posted by queen_sheba View Post
                            brilliant.

it won't help my three broken teeth though (all broken through GRAINS!) which will need crowns. but good to know the d3 and the no grains will potentially reverse any cavity damage

: - )

i don't want any more root canals!
                            I have fewer teeth now than I did 30 years ago. I have more gaps in my mouth than your average 6-year-old. I have no wisdom teeth, and only 2 molars left.

Reminds me of that Pam Ayers poem (my granny used to read her stuff to me all the time when I was younger)

I wish I'd looked after me teeth
                            And spotted the perils beneath
                            All the toffee I chewed
                            All the sweet, sticky food...

That's all I can remember. I still have the book somewhere...

I was in agony for 15 years. I went to Scouseville, and got up early and went to the emergency clinic at the Dental Hospital (you have to be there by 6am, because only the first 20 get seen). I was seen by a lovely lady dentist, who got me an appt with the consultant (big Irish woman). Saw her the following Monday. The following Friday I was in Aintree and that was that (it did land me in the loony bin, but that's not a story for now...). Hey presto - 12 gaps in me gob!

But I've not needed to brush so much since going primal, either. I chew nic gum too (yes, I know...) which contains xylitol, so that probably helps - I do floss, obvously, to get the bits of spinach and meat from betwixt 'em!
                            La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

There are tooth powders without flouride.

http://www.uncleharrys.com/Merchant2...gory_Code=MP-T

The taste takes some getting used to, but I think baking soda is too abrasive for everyday use.

Comment

Working...
                              X