Confession: I knew chocolate almond butter was too good to be true

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confession: I knew chocolate almond butter was too good to be true

I saw it in the grocery store last weekend, looked at the ingredients and the nutritional information and even though it's got some cane sugar in it, I decided to add it to my cart. That little voice in the back of my head said, "you're only fooling yourself" but I didn't listen.

I've done fine with it most of the week, a tablespoon to eat with my apple as my dessert every night, still staying under 100g carbs every day.

But last night I ate 3 great big spoonfuls...1 spoonful, then back, then back again, until I experienced that dizzy-headed fog of a sugar rush. I promptly laid on the sofa and was asleep in less than 10 minutes.

Lesson learned, sugar is sugar, even if it's wrapped up in seemingly innocent almond butter. And I really shouldn't try to fool myself into thinking something is primal when I know it's not.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread51572.html

I get fresh ground almond butter and mix in 85% or 100% chocolate. MMMMmmmm
    I dont buy too much at once... cause it's hard to put down sometimes.
    sigpic

Comment

Adding chocolate to almond butter? DELISH! Why didn't I think of that?? Thanks!
      "It may be normal darling, but I'd rather be natural." -Holly Golightly

Comment

Hmmm....maybe that's the key, to add the chocolate myself...
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread51572.html

Comment

You could probably just throw in some cocoa powder... it wouldn't be sweet at all, but I think it would still be awesome, and now I need to go talk myself out of buying almond butter because I guarantee this would be bad news for my weight loss attempt. =P
          "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by mayness View Post
            You could probably just throw in some cocoa powder... it wouldn't be sweet at all, but I think it would still be awesome, and now I need to go talk myself out of buying almond butter because I guarantee this would be bad news for my weight loss attempt. =P
            when you get your taste for sugar stabilized, this tastes just as awesome as what you remember a reese's PB to be.
            sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

If the cocoa powder makes it too dry for you, mix in some melted coconut oil.

Comment

Working...
              X