Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the Many "why I love PB posts" - deal. :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the Many "why I love PB posts" - deal. :)

Just wanted to say, as many have, that I love this lifestyle. Here's what I had for my big meal last night (currently doing IF). My dinner is my biggest meal on workout days. Anyway:

5 eggs fried in home-rendered lard with about 3 ounces of chicken "sprinkled" on top. All of this was topped with butter, fresh ground pepper, and a touch of salt. On the side I had a heaping helping of steamed broccoli (also topped with butter).

Oh, and I had a square of Lindt Excellence 85% chocolate for dessert. Thank you Mark for turning me on to really dark chocolate. In case you're wondering, one sqaure only has 2g carbs and only 1.25g of sugar in it and it's got 4.5g of fat and 1g protein which stunts the insulin response nicely.

Love it!

Speaking of IF - tomorrow I try my first 24 hour fast. I'll eat dinner tonight and not again until tomorrow's dinner. Wish me luck!
    Strength and Honor

Where's your greens?
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Comment

It's fantastic isn't it Ransom? There's nothing more satisfying than roasting up a huge slab of pork belly and eating until you can't eat any more. Which isn't usually that much because of the unbelievable satiety from a good dose of fat
      My primal journal
      You might find these handy: Free gluten free restaurant cards in 50+ languages
      In Praise of the Primal Lifestyle

Comment

@ Bodhi

Well - first, they are not essential based on the amount of carbs I may be going for on a given day (although they are usually there). Secondly, though, did you miss the part where I said I ate broccoli? And I quote, "On the side I had a heaping helping of steamed broccoli (also topped with butter)."

There was plenty of green - probably 2 cups worth at least - don't worry.
        Strength and Honor

Comment

@ racingsnake

Truly Glorious!
          Strength and Honor

Comment

Yup, I missed the broccoli. My bad. Grok On!
            ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Comment

lindt 85% is my absolute favorite. it is also less carby than the 90%!
              sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Working...
              X