Canned coconut milk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canned coconut milk

I believe there was one can in this entire town (pop. around ~15k) so I bought it. What ingredients are in yours or should or should not be in it?

Here's what's in mine: Coconut milk, Guar gum, Polysorbate 60 (emusifier) and Potassium Metabisulphite (preservative).
    Started my journey on May 22, 2010:

Beginning weight ~180
    Current weight ~145

Nov. 9, 2009........Nov. 9, 2010.....Jun. 17, 2011
    LDL 155...............LDL 176............LDL 139
    HDL 39................HDL 66..............HDL 95
    TGL 154..............TGL 77..............TGL 49

Coconut milk and guar gum in mine

Would obviously prefer w.o the gg
    MDA PRIMAL LIBERTARIAN GROUP

Comment

Originally posted by shemdogg View Post
      Coconut milk and guar gum in mine
      Same here

ETA: Mine is organic, full-fat (NOT lite) also
      312/149/150

Comment

I have Whole Foods coconut milk, both full fat and (grrrr---didn't mean to buy it!) light. Both have the same ingredients: milk, water, guar gum.
        Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
        Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk: organic coconut milk, water, guar gum

Comment

Originally posted by lizch View Post
            I have Whole Foods coconut milk, both full fat and (grrrr---didn't mean to buy it!) light. Both have the same ingredients: milk, water, guar gum.
            May as well toss out that light. It's worthless! I picked up a can by accident not to long ago and took it back to the store, they happily exchanged it for a full fat can with no receipt.

Guar gum shouldn't really be an issue according to Mark here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-w...onut-products/

Comment

I get the light coconut milk from Trader Joe's. Only has coconut milk and water
              So remember, Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!

Blog - Size of the Fight...

Comment

Working...
              X