What about tea?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mizski View Post
    Not sure if you are near any of the Baltimore Coffee & Tea Company locations. I loved trips to their shop when I lived in the Timonium area. Their tea selection is among the best I've seen and their Eastern Shore Tea Company has a lot of wonderful offerings. Fortunately, everything is available online so I can still get their products here in New England.

I find there is a huge difference in taste, aroma and appearance. The tea in tea bags are the "crumbs" of the tea leaves. The brands you mention are among the best tea purveyors and their "crumbs" are of higher quality than grocery store brand teas. Still no comparison to the loose leaves though.
    There are some companies making loose-leaf tea bags (pyramid-shaped). I, too, have compared them, and they look the same. Revolution is one brand.

However, I almost always drink loose-leaf. I'm into white tea right now. Oh and there is a tea by Zhi Tea. Tropical Green. YUMMY. The scent of this tea is gorgeous.

Comment

I recently figured out that herbal teas often have soy in the them. I am allergic to soy so I won't even touch something that lists, "natural flavoring" on the package but often times soy lecithin is listed (and definitely not primal.... especially for the manfolk). Just a head's up.

Comment

I'm wondering what white tea is??

I personally like twinings lemon scented or earl grey tea, both with just a dash of milk and 1/2 tspn of sugar (shocking arent I!) and for an after dinner treat Dilmah Rose and Vanilla tea (no milk and no sugar)

I'd probably die of dehydration without my tea

Comment

Disclaimer: Tea (bagged or loose) is a wonderful and healthy drink. For those who love tea, the loose leaf tea brewed properly is a delight to the palate.

Originally posted by ShannonPA-S View Post
          There are some companies making loose-leaf tea bags (pyramid-shaped). I, too, have compared them, and they look the same. Revolution is one brand.
          Those tea sachets are terrific for portability. The tea sachets (like the ones from my local tea vendor, Harney & Sons) are loose teas in a sachet for convenience and very different from the regular tea bags sold by a lot of companies.

More on loose tea vs tea bags:

High quality loose teas are made from the plantís finest hand-picked buds, whole tea leaves, large pieces of leaves or a combination of these parts.

In contrast, the tea found in tea bags usually consist of smaller pieces of tea leaves or tea fannings (also referred to as dusts) which may give a quicker brew, but lack the subtlety and full flavor of the larger loose leaf teas. Tea bags can also release more tannin than loose teas giving a harsher flavor to the tea.
          Source: teavana.com
          312/149/150

Comment

Originally posted by Suse View Post
            I drink Lotus Peak white tea http://www.lotuspeak.com.au/main/page_faq.html I can get it here in Aus, not sure about NZ!
            IMO, it tastes much nicer than green tea, and is apparently the healthiest of all teas to drink. I need to have milk in my black tea, but can drink white tea without it :-)
            http://www.fitgirlfoodandfitness.blogspot.com/

Comment

mmm tea .. i am a 10 cups a day man - love my earl gray with a small splash of milk (full fat of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Suse View Post

I personally like twinings lemon scented or earl grey tea, both with just a dash of milk and 1/2 tspn of sugar (shocking arent I!) and for an after dinner treat Dilmah Rose and Vanilla tea (no milk and no sugar)

I'd probably die of dehydration without my tea

White Tea comes from the exact same species of Camelia as black and green tea. It is just in the processing of the leaves where the difference is.
                Check out this information
                http://www.teaclass.com/lesson_0103.html

Comment

Working...
                X